• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

i lost my cockatiel

blXndglXss

Meeting neighbors
i lost my cockatiel about 7 hours ago.ive called him multiple times, putted his cage on the bushes hoping hell come back and posted on facebook. is there other stuff i can do to find him?i really miss him lil mannn.png

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I´m very sorry this happened.
Be sure there´s food in the cage and the door is open.

Have you listed him on www.parrotalert.com ?
Post in facebook groups,
Email all vets (even cats/dogs ones)
create flyers to post in local shops etc
Walk around the streets calling him
Go around the neighbourhood with pictures asking if anyone has seen him
Check neighbours gardens
Check on top of apartment building roofs
Look in the local park in the trees
Advise local animal services (the pound, rescue centres)
Drop a poster off at the police station, fire station

Alynn

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Bluebird
I am sorry to here you lost you bird. My bird got out about a year ago and I got him back. My advise to you would be to not give up. Listen for his chirps and calls. Walk the area calling for him. Open up your doors and put cage outside. If he has a favorite toy that makes noise, like a bell or ball walk around shaking it for him to hear. At dusk pay attention to here if he is doing his flock call. I got my bird back by doing all these things and I heard his flock call at around dusk. He was in a tree at a neighbors house. It took me all day to get him back. He should still be in the area. Keep listening and calling.

FeatheredM

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monique
Birds natural instinct is to call back when called, so maybe walk around with an audio of cockatiel chirps? I'm so sorry this happened, don't give up

Ciel

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Ciel
Chances are he is somewhere closed but scared! Don’t give up on searching for him and keep calling as he might respond. My cockatiel once flew out and we couldn’t find him, we played cockatiel sound videos while we were searching for him which he responded to.

Make sure you put food out for him and inform all your neighbours and make them check their gardens/rooftops/balconies. He is probably still close but maybe hiding! Our cockatiel was in some bushes we literally walked past several times while looking for him. Put up flyers and spread it over social media.

Birdie Mama

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Also maybe move the cage away from the bushes a bit, he may be scared of what could be hiding in the bushes. Maybe move it onto a table of some sorts so it’s a bit higher of the ground? Hope you get him back soon!!!