• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I lost my bird

Picklez

Meeting neighbors
My birdie Taco, probably the sweetest creature to ever exist escaped on August 16th at 3022 Christopher ave. Baltimore MD

He's a yellow and grey cockatiel with bright red cheeks. He doesn't have his wings clipped and is an outstanding flyer. I have been so worried about his safety, at one point I found him on the tallest tree in the neighborhood and waited 4 hours for him to come down and instead he flew who knows where. He sings classical music most of the time and also Harry Potter. He often says "peekaboo" and "pretty birdie"

I miss my best friend so much! My mom suggested getting a new bird while still looking for Taco. But how can I ever live knowing that might be in danger? My other bird Tofu is shivering and calling out to him. I don't know what to do, someone, tell me my bird has a chance!

Attachments

Olliebirb

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Julia A
There is always a chance! People find birds that have flown away and birds fly back as well! If you can leave your windows open or a cage and food outside so that your lost bird may be able to hear and see familiar things and your other bird. Put up posters and go to vets and animal pounds. I would not have been able to find my cat who was lost for six months if it weren’t for me posting consistently on Facebook. My grandmothers budgie Sparkie also flew home after a whole day of being gone. I hope you find your baby safe and healthy

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
I am so sorry. Keep positive thoughts in your head. I live in Baltimore county and will watch for a cockatiel. Did you post lost bird on Parrot 911? Hang up photos in your area helps too.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Keep searching, I really hope you are able to find him. Take your other bird with you in a travel cage when you go out.

Here are some other things you can do;

Have you listed him on www.parrotalert.com ?
Post in facebook groups,
Email all vets (even cats/dogs ones)
create flyers to post in local shops etc
Walk around the streets calling him
Go around the neighbourhood with pictures asking if anyone has seen him
Check neighbours gardens
Check on top of apartment building roofs
Look in the local park in the trees
Advise local animal services (the pound, rescue centres)
Drop a poster off at the police station, fire station

Picklez

Meeting neighbors
My cockatiel has been missing for 3 days. I last heard someone saw him yesterday, at the intersection between Louise and Richard ave. Baltimore City. I am so worried about him, having heard they can't survive long without food and I'm not sure if he knows how to get out of whatever tree he's in. Would putting out cups of bird seed in the neighborhood help at all? He often says and responds to pretty birdie and peekaboo, and whistling.

Attachments

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Can you put the cage he was in outdoors? Also try to play sounds of cockatiels from youtube outdoors. Watch out for other critters getting any bird food you put out. Crossing fingers here for you. Important to know that most captive birds don’t understand how to fly down from the top of a tree.

Last edited:

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
You can also post information about your bird on FB. if you are a member. Just look for Lost bird in Baltimore City.

Tyrion

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
So sorry for your loss please dont give up :hug8:

Icey

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
I hope you find him. The good thing is he's close to you. Hopefully your friends and family can help you get him back.

SunTruth

Sprinting down the street
Yes don’t give up and ask for help around to friends and family!

Picklez

Meeting neighbors
My birdie Taco, probably the sweetest creature to ever exist escaped on August 16th at 3022 Christopher ave. Baltimore MD

He's a yellow and grey cockatiel with bright red cheeks. He doesn't have his wings clipped and is an outstanding flyer. I have been so worried about his safety, at one point I found him on the tallest tree in the neighborhood and waited 4 hours for him to come down and instead he flew who knows where. He sings classical music most of the time and also Harry Potter. He often says "peekaboo" and "pretty birdie"

I miss my best friend so much! My mom suggested getting a new bird while still looking for Taco. But how can I ever live knowing that might be in danger? My other bird Tofu is shivering and calling out to him. I don't know what to do, someone, tell me my bird has a chance!
Update he's been gone for 6 days! The weather is nice and it's rained twice, do you think he's still ok?

Icey

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
Have you or anyone seen him in the last few days?

Picklez

Meeting neighbors
Not really someone said they saw him 3 days ago though

Icey

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
You need to keep checking the areas where people are seeing him. They may be able to tell you which direction he went, or the area he was seen.
Don't give up hope yet.

Picklez

Meeting neighbors

Taco has been missing for more than a week now. He hasn't even been sighted since the third day. Is it possible that something got him? WHich wouldn't make that much sense to me since he's an excellent flyer. I'm just hoping for a miracle

Picklez

Meeting neighbors

Is there any chance he could still be fine? It's been a week and a half. He's an excellent flyer. I just don't know where he's flown. Did I just kill my bird?

SunTruth

Sprinting down the street
Could there be a possibility someone would have found him but cannot reach you? Try to tell every vet and all these people taking care of animals around you are looking for your bird.