• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I just wanted to share my excitement with you all!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedSoxFan85

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Kynyetta or Keke!
Mango finally perched on my shoulder,:dance5::dance5::dance5: heck he actually touched me in general instead of flying around like a maniac when i came near him.

When i got Mango about a month ago his wings were clipped, so he can barely fly, its more like maniac, rapid flapping, and screeching, but somehow he ended up on the floor which is scary for me because i have a toddler who loves to run. So out of fear, and mommy instincts i told hubby to pick him up, he freaked out a little, you know that high pitch chirping that rivals a car alarm, but he jumped off hubby's hand onto me, i freaked out because i have dred-locs and i was a thousand percent sure he landed in my hair. He didn't, he landed on my back and climbed up my shirt sat and doodied (as my kids say) on me. I waited about 5 minutes standing in the middle of my living room scared to move. Finally hubby told me to sit if he flies off he just flies off. I sat but he didn't move he sat with me for about an hour, i even got a kiss from him(he walked up to my lips and tried to nibble a little). We read and commented on post on here, then watched a cute lovebird on YouTube. Finally i told Mango it was time for bed, i walked and leaned down in front of his cage he hopped right off and jumped into his humble abode, and chirped me goodnight. I was so excited, hes starting to warm up. I thought it would take a lot longer, i was expecting like another month before he would even let someone grab him let alone perch on someone. I love my little mango and cannot wait for our bond to grow :heart:

i don't have a pic of when he was on me but i have one from earlier in the day when he used daddy for a ride to the living-room, lol

photo(8).JPG

Thank you for letting me vent my excitement!

kcbee

Animal Lover
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kacy
YAY!!! Such a huge step in your relationship with Mango!!! :dance4:

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
That is fantastic, way to go Mango! :dancing::hug8: I hope from here on everything continues to go well. :)

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
:highfive: Mango..that is fantastic..and might I add your hubby is um er...hot...

merlinsmom13

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Becky
Instead of bird napping, you might have to worry about husband napping. :eek::rofl: Great work w/Mango, congrats.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
That is great!

Matt

Wasabisaurus

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Congratulations! I'd love to see your hair.

CeddysMum

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Astrid (formerly: 'featherbaby')
That's Faaaantastic! WTG Mango :highfive:

It's so rewarding when they show they WANT to be with you (rather than being scooped up and having not option) and I know how excited you are :dance4::dance4::dance4:

Ceddy's only recently started hanging out on me (after more than 2 years with me) because she WANTS to and I'm sooo happy about it :heart:

ncGreyBirdLady

They call Me crazy like its a bad thing!
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bonnie
:dance4::dance4::dance4::hug8:

Status
Not open for further replies.