• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

I hope it's not blood!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wasabisaurus

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
But we're going to the vet anyway. Today I saw a red drop on the ledge of Wasabi's cage and smears on a perch. He's not had any pomegranate for a while now. He's going in to the vet since I can't check his bum. His feet are fine. His wings appear fine. No personality changes and same eating habits.
If not blood, what could it be? There was no blood on his newspaper. I don't think the red stuff was not there yesterday.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
it sure looks like blood to me it could be he had a broken blood feather and youd idnt notice...hope he is ok..keep an eye on him

Wasabisaurus

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
The vet could not find any blood anywhere. He said to keep a close eye on him.
Strange.
Of course Wasabi bit me as I put him in the travel carrier. He is usually fine with the vet tech, but he lunged at her a couple times, the brat.

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
Well prayers that he is okay and that it isn't anything serious. It wasn't your blood on the perch was it?

Ginger

Wasabisaurus

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
That thought had occurred to me, Ginger, but he did not bite me yesterday. He didn't get the chance. Weird. The vet checked him from stem to stern and there was not a single spot of blood. I just don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.