• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I have a question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magic

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sherry
does anyone own a back pack for your birds and if so how good are they ive looked at them for some time now and allways wondered about them i would love to see pics to my idea would be to use it for when i went to the park sense how i live in the mountains i dont take my birds out side unless in a cage we have way to many hawks here and they wouldnt think twice about snatching your bird so safty is number 1 here and i know my babys would love to get out the house abit

Tamara

Real Name
Tamara R Money

the backpack on your site would it hold a eclectus i know it wont hold a macaw lol but wondered if it would hold my kayla
9.5 x 12.5 x 16.75"h; perch 1.25 inch diameter perch
Those are the dimensions on it. I would think so. It definitely has the right size perch!

Magic

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sherry
thank you for your help :) im going to talk to hubby an see what he thinks an maybe get one

PerfectlyParrot

Real Name
Kathy
I have been wanting to get something for Einstein. A pak-o-bird large enough definitely is not in the budget so I have been thinking about an x-large (2' high 3 ' long) dog stroller, I just want something to take on walks around town or at the track. A back pack for me is out of the question. Still researching but that's the best option I've come up with so far.

Tamara

Real Name
Tamara R Money
A pak-o-bird large enough definitely is not in the budget so I have been thinking about an x-large (2' high 3 ' long) dog stroller, I just want something to take on walks around town or at the track.
That's an interesting option. I've seen some of our lovie clients do that. How strong are they against parrots though and how easy would it be to get a perch in there? Those would be my only concerns. I have no real experience with dog strollers.

Also, the ones that big I looked at are quite pricey (of good quality). I wonder if anyone else has used them on this forum?

PerfectlyParrot

Real Name
Kathy
It wouldn't be for really long walk so I'm not to worried about them perching, although I'm sure Darren could make me something if need be. I was more worried about something that their tail would not get destroyed in. As for the bird vs stroller, I would just have to make sure they have something besides the stroller to chew on.

They are pricey, but not $400 pricey.

Magic

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sherry
ive seen a few strollers for cats and dogs and i kinda wondered the same thing how safe would they be ive seen the macaw back pack and stroller and man that was not cheap my mouth droped when i seen the prices i just wish they made more things for birds like they do for dogs or cats

Status
Not open for further replies.