• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I got to play with a Hyacinth Macaw!

Status
Not open for further replies.

samccormack

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Scott
Yesterday while I was at the bird store I got to hold and play with Lulu the Hyacinth Macaw! She was so sweet and so big! She let me scritch her all over and just sat there and looked at me and made a few grumbly noises and held on with those big feets of hers. She's the Hy that I usually see and pet while I am there but I've not gotten to have her out of her cage before. In a word, awesome! Not as soft as a crackatoo but way more majestic. I was in awe and a little afraid of that big beak but Lulu was such a good bird. :) Can't wait to hold her again.

ortegah

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather Ortega
Uh excuse us, but where's the pictures???

J*M*L

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Julie
That's awesome! Is she an adult or a baby still?

TITANIS

Lucky you, Scott! Closest I ever got to Hyacinth was about a dozen feet away. Agreed, very majestic creatures! :cool10:

samccormack

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Scott
Uh excuse us, but where's the pictures???
I'll get some next time. I didn't want to spook her and loose a limb. Those beaks look big enough to remove things.

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
Yesterday while I was at the bird store I got to hold and play with Lulu the Hyacinth Macaw! She was so sweet and so big! She let me scritch her all over and just sat there and looked at me and made a few grumbly noises and held on with those big feets of hers. She's the Hy that I usually see and pet while I am there but I've not gotten to have her out of her cage before. In a word, awesome! Not as soft as a crackatoo but way more majestic. I was in awe and a little afraid of that big beak but Lulu was such a good bird. :) Can't wait to hold her again.

Lucky!! She sounds awesome!

ortegah

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather Ortega

I'll get some next time. I didn't want to spook her and loose a limb. Those beaks look big enough to remove things.
Oh come on! You need to be more adventurous! :rofl:

Robin

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Robin
Lucky you, and yes you'd better get some pics next time !

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
wow! lucky you!!!

hys are on my dream bird list - I think they are neat birdies - maybe next time you can sneak a pic or get someone to take it for you

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:dance4:Wow! Never saw one of these parrots in person yet.

Angelicarboreals

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Angela
Wow, I am so jealous!!!!

Big Blues

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Scott, have you put a down payment for beautiful Lulu yet? Your house would look nice in blue and white, yes? :)

GigQQgles

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Carla
Lucky you!!! I did see one at a bird show. The man inherited the bird from his grandfather when he passed but it was too much bird for him. Someone purchased the bird for $5000. I was so amazed at thier size. Can't wait to see some pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.