• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I got my first feather from Iggy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmberMuffinz

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
How exciting! I love getting tail feathers and whatnot from my birds. I got my first tail feather from Neelix a week or two ago as well. Saving it forever in the feather jar! Now some color will be added to the grey / white / yellow feathers already in it lol.

Bunnygirl

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
My favorite is when I find Bunny's crest feathers. I have a couple of containers that I keep feathers in though. I'm pretty sure I have enough feathers in those to make at least one full cockatiel. :lol: (They don't come just from Bunny, but occasionally from Zydabird's flock as well.)

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
how neat...I love to keep their feathers too..

mrstweet

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Amanda
Aww! I save the feathers and use them for stuff. I made a pair of earrings, I want to make a dreamcatcher...

They also work well as bookmarks!

reddogbon

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Bonnie
I've used the big ones for bookmarks too! The tiel crest feathers (what I call 'hair') are too small though.
I'm glad I saved those cuz now the tiel is a part of Zamion's flock, and doing very well. No more tiel hair for me!

AmberMuffinz

Avenue Veteran
Feathers for bookmarks?! That is a much better idea than my scrap pieces of random paper / paper towels I always end up doing. Since school started up again I'll have to keep a tail feather nearby!

Status
Not open for further replies.