• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I found the snuggle hut torn a little bit... Alternatives?

MahaSarah

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Maha
Yes, I know snuggle huts aren't recommended because of the safety concerns and everything. I don't use them for my Lovebirds except for my stunted baby because her feet muscles did not develop properly because she was stunted. I try to make her life as comfortable as possible. She had the snuggle hut in there for about one year - ever since I moved her to an adult cage when she was almost done weaning - and no issues. She didn't chew on anything ever and I always inspected it to make sure she wasn't chewing on it. She sleeps in it every night and she loves it as it is very comfortable for her.

Today I noticed she chewed (could have been her or her roommate, not sure who did the chewing) a small hole in the bottom of the snuggle hut. I took it out immediately as I don't want her ingesting any fibers. She seems in some distress since I have never taken it out. She is clanging on the doors.

I was going to go to the Bird Store today to buy another type of hut, a tent like one, that the fibers are not as fluffy and are harder to chew through.

Does anyone have any other alternatives or suggestions? I really want her to sleep in something comfortable at night.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]

MahaSarah

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Maha
Ooo I really like the Seagrass one since she sleeps laying down and not perched. I will book mark it.

Teckechick

Ask me for a photo of my bird, I have to post one!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Dawn
We use a seagrass mat folded in half to make it tent like. Aries loved snuggle huts but she chewed them so we switched to the seagrass mat and had no issues. Jenks now likes the seagrass mat as a tent also.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra