• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I am so sorry Jeff, so very very sorry. (I loved you)

Sylvester

Hit the Road
This is so hard with our animals.. I wish they lived longer.. especially when they find you and it’s meant to be. Ones like her are the hardest to lose.

Your empathy is so welcomed, thank you.

Yes, I felt, that after such a slow introduction, Jeff realized that I was a person she could trust and we could be friends. I was so grateful for that and very humbled. I don't even have a photo of her to remember her by. All I have is this sharp pain that won't leave.

BeanieofJustice

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Steph
Thank you so very much, and I am sorry for the loss of Baby Fred. They break our hearts.

I am so haunted by all of this. This might sound strange but a few months ago I saw Jeff coming towards me from the other side of the road. It had cars coming down at the moment, so I jumped out in front of them because I knew they would probably stop for a human, and if they didn't, at least I saved her. That is how I felt about her; I would have taken a bullet for her.

But she didn't give me the chance to save her this time.

This is a horrible life, and it has been made even more horrible by her leaving it. I pray that she is happy.

And I pray for answers.

:sadhug2::sadhug2:
Thank you, they certainly do. I hope you get answers too. You did save her, you gave her a wonderful life with you. We don't always get to save those we love forever. Sometimes our time together is all too short. But you did save her for seven years, and that counts for a lot. I know the guilt is probably overwhelming right now, and I hope time can ease some of your pain. I'm sure she's watching you over Rainbow Bridge. She knows she was loved.

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
I’m so sorry for your loss :(

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
I am so sorry for your loss. The pain is excruciating. We lost 2 this past week and I am still finding it hard to function.

Imogena

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Joanna
Oh, Sylvester, I'm so sorry for your loss.
I think Jeff didn't say good bye because she prefered to be alone. She had her own reasons. If she died of natural causes, she maybe felt what is coming and decided she wants to be by herself. It is the same with people. Some want to die sorrounded by family, some prefere to be left alone. I've heard about people who were watched by family 24/7 and they were able send a member of the family for tea, or for something from the shop below, and die while said person was out. Both kind of people love their families a lot, but some want others to be with them, some want to be by themselves. The only thing the families can do is to respect the wishes of the dying person. I think with animals it is similar. Some want their human to be with them till the very end, some not.
We still do not know why Jeff died. I'm hoping with you that it was natural cause.:sadhug2:

Nikomania

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
I'm so very sorry to hear about Jeff. I've always heard that cats prefer to find a quiet place to pass, and usually away from their people.
Praying that you may find peace and comfort.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I’m so very sorry for your loss.
:sadhug2:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
So sorry for your loss.

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
I'm so very sorry for this heartbreaking loss @Sylvester - I do hope you will find that Jeff died of natural causes, because I know what you mean about not being able to stand any other conclusion! Let us know after the findings, please? In the meantime, I am thinking of you and offering hugs. :sorrow:

Teckechick

Ask me for a photo of my bird, I have to post one!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Dawn
I am so sorry for your loss. She sounds like a great cat and because of you she knew love and had food, water, and shelter when she needed it most. :sadhug2:

Sylvester

Hit the Road
I will be thanking each and every one of you personally, but I wanted to take the time to thank you as a whole, while giving you an update. The fact that all of you took the time from your lives, to offer me support during this time of sadness, means the world to me.

I took Jeff into the Vet's today, and got more questions than answers. He told me that Jeff probably died from a clot from the heart that got into her bloodstream. He said that she didn't have any trauma to her body, ruling out being hit by a car, nor did she have any vomit or diarrhea which would have indicated that she had been poison. However, he said he didn't know why her back was still wet from the rain, he thought it should have dried by the time I found her. I am haunted by his statement, for it rained on Saturday afternoon but had stopped by early evening. Does that mean she was out and about on Saturday? Was she paralyzed? Could she hear me call for her on Friday night, but couldn't move? If I had moved the things out from the shed and really inspected it on Friday night or Saturday, instead of Sunday morning; could I have saved her?

Imogena

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Joanna
I don't believe you could have saved her. She died from a clot, and as far as I know, this kind of death is instant. She didn't suffer. She could get wet from something else. Or she lied close to something (like piece of cloth or close to the wall) and that's why she didn't dry. If she was out on Friday and she heard you, she would have answered you.

BeanieofJustice

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Steph
I agree with Joanna; clots, from what I know, are instantaneous. And even in people, in my limited knowledge, very hard to detect beforehand. You did everything you could have for her. No one else could have done more.

Sylvester

Hit the Road
B

:sadhug2::sadhug2:
Thank you, they certainly do. I hope you get answers too. You did save her, you gave her a wonderful life with you. We don't always get to save those we love forever. Sometimes our time together is all too short. But you did save her for seven years, and that counts for a lot. I know the guilt is probably overwhelming right now, and I hope time can ease some of your pain. I'm sure she's watching you over Rainbow Bridge. She knows she was loved.
[/QUOTE]

Thank you, BeanieofJustice. She gave me a wonderful life back, couldn't ask for a better friend. I hope she and I meet again someday.

Sylvester

Hit the Road
I don't believe you could have saved her. She died from a clot, and as far as I know, this kind of death is instant. She didn't suffer. She could get wet from something else. Or she lied close to something (like piece of cloth or close to the wall) and that's why she didn't dry. If she was out on Friday and she heard you, she would have answered you.

Thank you, Imogena for your concern, and caring message.

I know in my heart that even if I had done anything differently that night, (not let her out) the outcome would have most likely been the same. She is a cat of great dignity, whether it be living this life, or leaving it. I remember looking around the neighborhood on Sunday morning, and thinking that she found a different home, one that she liked better. But I know now that was not the case, nor would it have ever been. She never would have left me, unless she had to.