• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I am amazed at how smart Samantha is..(Dotty read lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
ok a little background..Sam is our female tiel who we thought was a boy as she talked from a very early age, and imitates bird sounds...that is Sam's primary thing, bird imitation...warble, warble, coo coo, meep meep.....does a mean triple whistle ...she is certainly not laid back, gentle or serene..even does heart wings and beak raps...so imagine our surprise when she gifted us with eggs.... well, from the very beginning this little non conformist has been a non cage pooper..She absolutely holds it until the a.m. and then has a ginormous poop outside of her cage...also when we go out and return home, her cage is pristine..no poop..never had to change the papers, just did it once a week..hardly ever had to clean the cage..just did it once a month for the heck of it...until Mitch came on the scene that is..well Mitch does poop in her cage...but she also poops in Sam's cage...Sam is disgusted by this..the first night we couldn't figure out why Sam would not go to bed...then it occurred to me..her perches have poop on them..I wiped them off quickly and Sam went in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was in shock..this is now a nightly procedure..she doesnt care if poop is on the paper below but if poop is on the perches, she will not go in for the night..then yesterday, dub and I were watching as Sam went into Mitche's cage for what we assumed was another foraging session...nope, She went in, then the tell tale back up and poop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She pooped in Mitch's cage and then came out..We were hysterical:rofl: We watched her all day and she never pooped once in her own cage and went a couple more times in Mitch's cage...:rofl: Like take that you overgrown lug!!!!!!!!!!!

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
LOL
She is sure a little lady. I don't blame her, I wouldn't sleep on poopy perches either!!!!
Some birds really don't like it. I often wonder if you change out the papers frequently through the day at the beginning, they eventually think they shouldn't?
She is a bright little tiel, I can't believe how great a talker/vocalizer she is.

KiwiJo

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Joann
Wow. She definitely is very smart! That can't be healthy for her to hold it that long though!

Daisy's Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Tiffany
ROFL! ROFL! Gosh Sam is such a little character.. You go Gurl!! :)

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
That can't be healthy for her to hold it that long though!

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
She is quite the diva isnt she :lol:

Bahama's Momma

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Shauna Hill
I just love that gal:heart: she sure told Mitch what she thought of her pooping in Sam's cage :rofl:

Danita, in my home the frequent paper chaging (I change 2-3 times a day..hate seeing poop laying around) makes no difference as I can walk right back after changing it and find a new poop:rolleyes:

allison

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
I think it's funny at the rescue when birds are walking around and step in poop. They look at their foot as if to say "yuck" and then keep walking, being a little more careful to watch where they are going. LOL

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
She is very smart. Even knows spite lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.