• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

i almost came home with linnies..

Chihuahua

Rollerblading along the road
i went to get bird food today and the bird store had two mauve linnies who came up to the cage to see me and i spent so long looking at them and talking to them tjat she took them out and put them on me... i fell in love, omg. they are sooo darling and sweet! she was asking two hundred for the pair... i was incredibly tempted! they are definitely on the list.

Chihuahua

Yeah, she had it at $300 but she hadn't DNA tested them yet so she dropped the price. But no... no more birds right now lol

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Mauve lineolated parakeets are a very nice mutation.

Matt

wyrinth

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
How could you resist......:) As for Dna testing, unless you're planning on breeding, it doesn't matter, you can tell by the amount of black on their tail...pretty reliable, not 100% though. Linnies that are not hand shy are difficult to find, and at such a good price!

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Oh my I would have melted. Very unusual for Linnie to be in a pet store. Go get them!!

Aubrey

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
You have will power of steal! :hehe:

Princessbella

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
Every time I am tempted to bring in another bird, I think about Bella and her mess and quickly decide that I am only interested in cleaning one dirty bird cage. I still can't believe how one little bird can make so much mess.

Chopper

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mary lynn Snowman
Every time I am tempted to bring in another bird, I think about Bella and her mess and quickly decide that I am only interested in cleaning one dirty bird cage. I still can't believe how one little bird can make so much mess.
Adding the second cage isn't so bad...it's adding the others because you don't just stop with two. :D

Chopper

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mary lynn Snowman
And you STILL haven't gone back to get them. BOY! You are so strong.

Chihuahua

You have got to stop tempting me! I just got my current two a few months ago, if I keep adding birds at this rate I'm going to be overrun!

Kaliska

Strolling the yard
I find linnies to be very hand shy and the forum I was on just for linnies frequently talked about ways to get around their tendency to be hand shy. They are so sweet and quiet though. Mine made less mess than the budgies too. I debate getting a very well handled one from this specific breeder on the linnie forum who has some of the friendliest linnies.