• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Hybrid Macaws link and pictures

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Or a Hi Yellow Camelot?

These are actually paleo hybrids bred by my friend Tracy. They're the result of breeding a wide yellow band scarlet to a yellow capri macaw, making them 4th generation hybrids. As far as she knows, she is the first to produce them, though a breeder in Florida has eggs.

Last edited:

Masher59

Moving in

These are actually paleo hybrids bred by my friend Tracy. They're the result of breeding a wide yellow band scarlet to a high yellow capri macaw, making them 4th generation hybrids. As far as she knows, she is the first to produce them, though a breeder in Florida has eggs.
Nice, I came across that site and was like those look amazing.

Itsr2r

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tracy
Well, ya know.....

Masher59

Moving in
I'm thinking hard on the red dominant lol. Gorgeous. Then again the Hyacinth is right up there also.

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Some wild colors in some of these photos.

Sam's coloring did quite a bit of blending the last few years. He does not appear so "messy" in color any longer. His head still has random colored feathers, I thought for sure those would go.

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Daff has some random feathers on her head/nape, too. Most people are enamored of the high yellows, and I'm one of them, but I really like the patterning and intricacies you find on a colorful red dom, like the baby in the second picture. He's beautiful. But so's Daffy!

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
They are stunning babies and very sweet. The red boy would make a great companion. I love the intricate scalloping on his feathers.