• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Humm... Don't know if anyone can help but please take a look

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trice

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Trice
Thanks for the website. I'll visit it today! So far, Buggs is doing good. Since I've changed his diet, his fur looks so much better.

Trice

Real Name
Trice
It's been a week since I last posted an update. As of now, the potty training with Buggs is still going very well.

** Just wanted to say a special thank you to everyone that posted here with suggestions. All of them were done.

MollyMouse

Biking along the boulevard
Glad to hear it's working out well I found with our rabbit that it's only the urine/hay smell that gets bad so I changed it pretty often. Can't wait to see some pics of the bunny.

Trice

Real Name
Trice
What type of litter do you use in your potty pan or tray?

I'm using potty training litter (purchased at petmart) on the top and some type of corn litter for rabbits on the bottom half of the potty pan.

Yesterday, a sales lady talked me into buying some type of care free litter based on me telling her I hated using the corn litter because it stained everything and had a bad smell to it. There has got to be something better out there I can try.

Once this was done today, Buggs removed almost all of the potty training litter I had on top out of the potty pan . Then, with his little teeth and nails started pulling apart the care free litter (purchased at petsmart) I placed in the bottom of the pan. By the time I caught him doing this, it was a mess to clean up. Once I changed his pan again and filled the entire pan up with potty training litter, he was fine.

I didn't realize he understood I replaced part of the bottom litter with something else.

MollyMouse

Biking along the boulevard
We just used a cat litter tray and lined it with newspaper paper and filled it with hay then cleaned it out every 2-3 days and repeated. Some people use cat litter that's made from recycled paper and add hay to the top half. Your local pet shop should be able to give you some advice. I can't remember which ones but there are a few cat litters you shouldn't use I think the ones made from pine shavings?? Should be some info on the net if you type in best litter material for rabbits or something like that. Good luck.

rocabird

Real Name
dawn
I use wood pellets (for pellet stoves) and/ or newspaper pellet litter like Yesterday's News only I buy a generic type. The ones in the cat section tend to be cheaper than what is in the small animal section. Wood pellets I buy during the winter months at Home Depot or Lowes.

There's a list of different litters to use here- http://www.rabbit.org/journal/1/liver-disease.html

The pine pellet litters are okay to use because they go through a heating process that removes the phenols which are dangerous. The shavings and chips still have the phenols.

Trice

Real Name
Trice
Thanks for the advice regarding the litter.

Trice

Real Name
Trice
Update: It's been a few weeks since my last post.

As of today, Buggs is doing fine. He now is going to potty inside his cage if he has to while playing (except for one accident). He's being told all the time what a good baby bunny he is and how much I love him.

Thank you all again for everyone's response as the suggestions have helped with potty training.

brianimal

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
briana
when i got milo, i just just watched which corner he tended to pee in and i put a litterbox in that area. i also put hay on top of the litter (i read that helps train them, don't know how or why, but i followed it anyway). they're pretty easy to litterbox train in my opinion.
I was boing to say the same, they tend to naturally choose one area and i just put the pan there, never had a problem with it before :/

EDIT: opps lol i didnt see that there was more than one page ;) Thats an adorable bunny!

Last edited:

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
I'm so glad it's working out for your adorable bunny. :D

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
glad to hear Buggs is doing so well, I love bunnies, they are so sweet :heart:

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Oh my, how did I miss this? He is a beauty!:heart: What a great job you are doing with him.:hug8:

Trice

Real Name
Trice
Thank you so much everyone for your comments. He's doing excellent. I'm surprise at how much Buggs has made a difference in my life along with my mothers.

I'll keep everyone updated along with more pictures soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.