• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Howdy from Texas!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AubsterNzoo

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Aubrey
Hello Everyone!
I am not new to birds (owned by them for 5+ years) but I am new to this list. I am owned by a 17yo Moluccan Cockatoo, a 35+ yo wild caught Blue Front Amazon, a Timneh African Grey of unknown age and they will soon be joined by three more siblings. My M2, Peaches, was diagnosed as a probable PDD bird last November. She underwent a Barium study and took 24+ hours to pass it all. She has had two negative PCR tests for the ABV but that doesn't mean much considering the test is in its infancy. She has had at least one seizure in the last 4 months but its possible she has had more when i haven't been home(doubtful, but possible).

My current three are being joined in the next week by three more birds that were exposed to the ABV and who may or may not contract PDD. They are a Meyers Parrot, a Congo African Grey and a Blue and Gold Macaw. Since Peaches was sick and no birds were going to be able to come in or go out so I sold all my extra cages about a month ago only to get the call about these guys two weeks later. So now I have to buy three new appropriate sized cages and new toys. Ehh, what are you going to do.

So anyway, I will now be owned by 5 tame and needy parrots and one very cranky wild caught amazon. I have re-purposed my dining room as a bird room because really, who eats at the dinning room table anymore these days. Hello its called a TV tray, lol. I have planned for three 32" wide play top cages with 3 suspended crawler nets and 3 oddballs for the each of the two greys and the meyers. The M2 and BG will each have a 40x30 dome top cage and a share a massive 30" wide x 6' long and 5' tall sandblasted manzanita gym that I will have to build this spring. That will have a crawler net suspended above it as well. Due to the size constraints of my bird room and the cantankerous nature of the wild caught amazon, he will be housed elsewhere in the house in his very own 40x30 dome top cage that he never really leaves.

I am always open to talking with people who have PDD birds as not much information is available via the veterinarians or internet. I am hoping that even though these three were exposed to the ABV they don't contract PDD and that my M2, Peaches, continues to do as well as she has been. Thanks for putting together such a wonderful forum for information! Awesome job guys :)

-Aubrey N Zoo

PS: I am also owned by a 9 year old Doberman, 5 Giant Schnauzers of various ages, a red tailed boa, a 7 year old Ragdoll cat, a 4 year old Bearded Dragon and a 235 gallon Saltwater Fish Tank. ....yes I live in my own house.

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Welcome to the neighborhood, Aubrey. It is nice to have you and your flock join the Avenue. Enjoy.

Attachments

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
welcome...and hint, we loveeeeeeeeeeeeepics

Shade

Crazy for Pois!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natacha
Hi and welcome to the Avenue!

Fig

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Chelsy
Wow, sounds like you are going to have your work cut out for you! Welcome!

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Welcome and enjoy the site!

Matt

kastelling

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Megan
Welcome, from austin!

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
welcome I am glad you joined :hug8:

Blazeybird

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Houston
Welcome! I would LOVE to see your tank... 235galls.. SO jealous! Is it reef, fowlr or fo?

AubsterNzoo

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Aubrey
The tank is fowlr but its still in the process of being stocked. I will post some pictures in the other pets section when i get it the way i want it.

calibird

California Bird Nerds
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
Welcome to The Avenue.

Skyler

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pat
Hi and welcome. That's quite a menagerie --and I have to applaud you for taking in all the health challenged birds. I just have one chronically ill bird--with drug resistant giardia and that's hard enough.

Nikki

Hit the Road
Real Name
Nikki
:welcome: to the Ave! Congrats on your new flock members, can't wait to hear more about them and the rest of your flock.

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
Hello and welcome to AA! Can't wait to see photos of the flock :)

Status
Not open for further replies.