• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

How to Train Budgie not to perch on the fan.

avian2023

Strolling the yard
Hello Kind people, as the title says my budgies very frequently perching on the fan wings. I am trying my best to monitor and bit of hushing them and rarely rising my voice a bit :) ..but they still doing that. Unfortunately my apartments wont allow to remove the fan, i tried and they said NO . Initially i was okay with their perching on the wings now and then, but recently my male budgie is very fond of perching on the back of the fan ( in the center of the fan) and hit its with his beak and so fond of the sound for some reason. sometimes i work from home and as soon as I hear the sound from next room i always hush them and chase them a bit from the fan. Already they are giving me bit hard time as i am trying to stop the mating and separating them mostly and this thing is also adding up...

Please advise.
also FYI anyone around North Newjersey looking to adapt a beautiful pair of budgies please let me know.
Thanks..

SumitaSinh

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Sorry, I don't think you can teach them. Birds naturally tend to perch on the highest point and a ceiling fan is just the spot. I always keep my fans switched off while my birds out. You can try recall training for your birdies. You can also cover fans with nets.

avian2023

Strolling the yard
Sorry, I don't think you can teach them. Birds naturally tend to perch on the highest point and a ceiling fan is just the spot. I always keep my fans switched off while my birds out. You can try recall training for your birdies. You can also cover fans with nets.
Thank you, as of now I am covering the fan at the center and they started to perch on the fan wings. I have to look more about recall training .

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
You do not need to stop them mating, it is a totally healthy and natural thing for them to do, all you need to do is make sure there are no nesting places available and remove any eggs that may be laid before they are incubated.

As for the fan, there are a few things you could do if they really need to stay off the fan blades but as long as the fan is off I can't understand what the problem with them being on the blades is as all the fans I am familiar with are well and truly budgie proof all except for one type I can think of which I have not seen anywhere since I was a kid and that was quite some time ago. If you are looking to rehome them then not much point in making an effort to alter the fan any.

If you are serious about looking for a new owner for your birds you will need to read and sign this thread ***READ THIS and Sign PRIOR to Posting Your Bird for Rehoming**** and then make a new thread and post your birds for adoption here Rehome Highway

avian2023

Strolling the yard
You do not need to stop them mating, it is a totally healthy and natural thing for them to do, all you need to do is make sure there are no nesting places available and remove any eggs that may be laid before they are incubated.

As for the fan, there are a few things you could do if they really need to stay off the fan blades but as long as the fan is off I can't understand what the problem with them being on the blades is as all the fans I am familiar with are well and truly budgie proof all except for one type I can think of which I have not seen anywhere since I was a kid and that was quite some time ago. If you are looking to rehome them then not much point in making an effort to alter the fan any.

If you are serious about looking for a new owner for your birds you will need to read and sign this thread ***READ THIS and Sign PRIOR to Posting Your Bird for Rehoming**** and then make a new thread and post your birds for adoption here Rehome Highway
Thank you very much for your kind reply, sorry i was really occupied with cousin graduation and work. I should have added more details, for some reason there is a transparent mesh around center of the fan and these guys picking on them and poking hardly some times looks like a round shape with transparent mesh and they feel like nesting ground or so.. no idea. I am making sure and covering all the nesting spots.. even when i cover the fan with amazon boxes a slight opening they are poking it.. have to figure out more ways.

Also thank you for pointing out to the process of rehoming, I am not at all sure and without thinking added to the post. These guys became close and we are not at all comfortable to remove eggs fertile or not . Will surely follow the process and make sure of the steps when the time comes..