• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

How to stop birds from throwing food out of the cage?

PunLover

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jessie
Well, there's also the factor that, like many birds, they want seeds. They will dig and bury their entire heads in the food bowl if they've eaten all the seeds before they try anything else. XD
Especially Discourse. He has a lot of feathers and a mate to take care of, after all. XD

Attachments

Dusty

Moving in
Real Name
Jasmin
Hello, I have a simple problem here: My Budgies tend to throw larger peices of food they don't like out of the cage, even if others in the cage do like it. I have a cage tidy wrap around the bottom but that doesn't help much, especially since sometimes they aim it at me. Getting sultanas stuck to your feet can be a problem if you accidentally walk them out of the room, where my mum has her dog as an indoor dog. If I get a feeder with a hood, then that makes it harder for the birds to share and eat. Is there anything I can do? I can't just not give them their fruit and nuts, of course. XD
I cant be much help but my Khakeriki used to eat out of a Bowl and he would bite the edge, aim his butt at me and run as fast as he can so ALL the seeds would fly all over me :rofl: