• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

How to help a bird scared of fireworks?

taxidermynerd

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
Jade is a bit spooked by all the fireworks. Especially the big ones. We live 1 block over from the park where the fireworks show is, so we hear all of that plus whatever the local people light off. Any tips on keeping her calm and not freaked out? I've been basically ignoring the fireworks in the hopes that if she sees me not caring, maybe she won't either, but I can tell she's still on edge.

Advice?

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
White noise to drown it out as much as possible might help! If you look up white noise on Youtube you can find tons of videos.... As a parent I've used a few of them over the years :lol:

Hopefully that helps!

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
When our neighbours used to play with things they weren’t meant to which gave off the same sound and feeling as fireworks but without the wicked light show I found that if I tried to comfort Burt when he was freaked out only made him more freaked out and think he was right to be scared. Turning the tv up and ignoring the booms helped. I only spoke to him when he was displaying calm behaviour and within no time he started to ignore their crazy explosions.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
They're firing off here too ( really... it's NOT the fourth yet!!!)... I crank the TV's up and nobody seems to notice the big booms.

scrape

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Play firework noises! All the time! She'll get used to it, and it won't be such a big deal!:bounce3: