• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

How often should my baby budgie be sleeping?

Emma O'Donnell

Sitting on the front steps
Real Name
Emma O'Donnell
Hello! I recently adopted a baby budgie, (s)he is about two to two and a half months old now. I've noticed (s)he sleeps a lot more than my other budgies do, however I adopted my others as adults. Do babies need more sleep than the adults do? My baby goes to cage with the lights out at 8:30 at night and is awake with me at about 6:30 to 7 in the morning. (s)he naps throughout the day, I would say a total of 2-3 hours every day, while my other ones are awake all day long. I assume this is normal for a baby. Should I be concerned at all? (s)he seems healthy otherwise, and when (s)he isn't napping, (s)he is very playful and chatty. Thank you!

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!

Gribouille

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
My adult budgies take a nap after lunch and when they are cozy too, it is a good sign I think, shows they feel safe. As long as you baby sleeps, eats and plays when awake, you shouldn't worry too much!

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
Yes, mine slept a lot more when they were young. They are supposed to get about 12 hours a night. That is still what mine get, even though one is already probably 2, and the other will be 2 in several months.