• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

how much acv to water?

Status
Not open for further replies.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj

purplekat61

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kat
I had just a few drops in the water bottle. It must be ok because when my Kiwi comes in for kisses he smells of it just a tad! lol

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
I think it depends Saroj if you are doing it for preventitive or whether you are treating for an illness.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
I think it depends Saroj if you are doing it for preventitive or whether you are treating for an illness.
for the plucking. The few drops in juice i gave her didn't stop her

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
I know John has posted a dilution before and Jamieo has too. I thought it was 1 TBS per pint of water. Maybe you could PM John or maybe he will see this thread. Did you look in Holistic Ave? I think there might be a sticky in that forum.

Daisy's Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Tiffany
Miss Daisy had a yeast infection just back in October so my avian vet told me to add 8 drops of apple cider vinegar to 4 oz of water... And that I needed to do this for 2 weeks and then go back to him and get her re-tested... Well she got re-tested 2 weeks later and yeast infection was all gone.. :) He told me not to use acv as a preventable measure... I hope this helps.. :)

Last edited:

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Thank you so much, Pat!
:)Tiffany, thank you for your input. I did get her fecal tested on monday and there was no yeast. The vet doesn't know what is wrong as there was nothing abnormal. I'lll still do the ACV....can't hurt...:)

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
I put 10 drops in a "large" bird bowl. I give it for about 2 weeks at a time. You don't want to constantly give it to them for months on end. It will kill the good flora in the gut hampering digestion (or so I've read).

I've never heard of it being used for plucking. It's meant to help with low grade infections.

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I put a few drops in their water about 2-3 times a week as a preventative. They really seem to like the taste.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.