• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

How long does it take for your bird to get used to new things?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Victoria :)
It takes the tiels a while to get used to stuff (maybe about a week), and Sammy it takes FOREVER!! Literally, I've had a Cholla perch in the birdroom (where she can see it) and it's been at least 2 months and she's still terrified of it.. I'm kinda wondering if she'll ever get used to it :/. Kiwi isn't scared of anything... lol, in fact, he goes whole heartedly into anything, on a perch, toy, etc. hehe! Pepper gets used to stuff fairly quickly too.

SkyBaby

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kira
Umm.. about 5 minutes lol Seriously my two IRN are so curious and fearless. They'll try new food the second I offer it to them after about a minute of watching me eat it. They'd be pulling it outta my mouth just about. lol New toys are objects of fascination. As soon as they see me approaching with a new toy they immediately start yelling "KAM'ERE" over and over. Once it's in the cage, they're all over it, especially if it's destroyable. One little bite and two seconds later they're gnawing away, destroying it. lol They're not camera shy at all, and I own a rather large DSLR. I can get right up in their faces and score the most adorable close ups. To them, the camera is just another expensive chew toy. lol They're absolutely fearless with new things. It's new people in their environment that get them a little nervous. We don't have company often and they don't go out much since they're flighted and don't like harnesses either.

QP4CAG

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Lindsay
Ross my QP, will POUNCE on the new toy..making sure its good and dead before he pays it any mind:eek: Jax, on the other hand, puts the "CHICK" n "CHICKEN":lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.