• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

How long after I colour my hair......

Status
Not open for further replies.

KimKimWilliamson

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kim Williamson
....Can Prudence be on shoulder and in my hair again?
I know my husband gets head aches for at least two days after I colour my hair just by laying nect to me in bed so I am so worried about the affect it will have on the birds. She spends alot of time on me and Im not sure how soon we can resume that behavior after I dye my hair. I have actually avoided doing it at all since we got her just for this reason! :o: My roots are DISGUSTING now after almost 5 months of no attention and it has to be done....but yeesh am I nervous!!! Not only does she get close to me alot but she also preens my hair and stuff......eek!

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
I would wait until you wash it for the first time afterwards..

gayla

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Gayla

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
I have dyed my hair a couple times. I would wait until the dye smell is gone. And that can take more than just a couple washes.

If your hubby has a headache for two days and the 3rd day he is fine. Then I would probably wait just as long for Prudence.

So... what color are you dyeing your hair?

I have dyed my hair light brown in the winter time. I like it :) I may do so again.:p

KimKimWilliamson

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kim Williamson
I have dyed my hair a couple times. I would wait until the dye smell is gone. And that can take more than just a couple washes.

If your hubby has a headache for two days and the 3rd day he is fine. Then I would probably wait just as long for Prudence.

So... what color are you dyeing your hair?

I have dyed my hair light brown in the winter time. I like it :) I may do so again.:p
Probably a good idea to wait three days or so - Yeesh she's gonna kill me with no shoulder time for three days, LOL

I have had my hair all different colours in all the years Ive been doing it....but this year Ive mostly had my hair jet black with a chunk of blond or caramel in the bangs area. Im probably gonna do that again.....Im in need of a good haircut though too....so we'll have to see!

atvchick95

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Kelli
I wait until I can no longer smell it in my hair either when brushing it, playing with it or washing it

I need a dye job badly Greys are over taking my head

wonder how much the beauty school would charge me if I brought in my own dye and they do the actual dying for me

last time i tried it hurt my neck so bad to keep my arms held up while getting the dye all through my hair plus with the birds in every room i'm running out of safe spots to do it in the house

KimKimWilliamson

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kim Williamson
I wait until I can no longer smell it in my hair either when brushing it, playing with it or washing it

I need a dye job badly Greys are over taking my head

wonder how much the beauty school would charge me if I brought in my own dye and they do the actual dying for me

last time i tried it hurt my neck so bad to keep my arms held up while getting the dye all through my hair plus with the birds in every room i'm running out of safe spots to do it in the house
Yes, it can be hard dying your own hair! Luckily I never had to do it myself. When I lived at home with my mom she always did it, and then I went to salons until I met my husband, and now he does it for me everytime! 10 years now! LOL Without him Id be stuck doing it myself or paying an arm and a leg.

Status
Not open for further replies.