• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

How Friendly are your Mini Macaws towards the Non Mini macaw parrots?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
With Mabel (severe macaw) ` it seems that she is not very comfortable with Emma unless Emma keeps her distance and minds her own business. She has also figured out how to spook the bejeebers out of Emma and that works out just fine because Emma just flies off in a huff.

Mabel seems to be pretty comfortable around Sachi. I even get the sense that she wouldn't mind being preening buddies with her.

Unfortunately the feelings are far from mutual and Sachi barely tolerates Mabel. Sachi does NOT like sharing me with Mabel but is perfectly A-OK with sharing me with Emma. In fact Sachi occasionally lets Mabel know this by flying at her and sometimes manages to succeed in getting Mabel to topple over. Sometimes it can be pretty dangerous for me to have them both on me at the same time. I

'm not sure why but Mabel is very submissive and behaves somewhat cowardly towards Sachi. :huh: I think she looks up to Sachi.:D

For the most part, everybirdy gets along as long as lines are not crossed.:D

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Will be intrested to hear if anyone has mini mac and amazon stories :D
Sonny was rehomed to me for attacking a mature Amazon when he wasn't even 9 months old yet ;) He only likes other minis.

Max likes other macaws, mini or otherwise, and Patrick seems to be the same. I got the impression that Patrick was not very sociable with the other birds in his last household, although I have no specifics as I do with Sonny.

Poetic Ramblings

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lee
Watching this thread. :) Also have a CAG and soon a mini mac.

Last edited:

lotus15

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Coco
My mom's Hahn's Karat has tried to eat my little budgie boos and even Lola, whose beak is big enough to fit Karat's entire head :eek:

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I get this *feeling* that Mabel is not the norm when it comes to severe macaws. She's very peaceful, minds her own business.

Doesn't instigate trouble and for the most part is very agreable, quiet and go with the flow. I've been speaking to other local severe macaw owners recently. They ADORE their severe macaws, however admit that they can be handfuls and pretty headstrong and bullies, especially to other parrot species. They say that Mabel is truly a rare one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.