• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

How do your parrots behave...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emmilyy

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emily
Cookie and Toc don't do .. anything.. at all... Lol.

But my mom was on the phone talking saltwater tanks with my uncle today and Blue was going CRAZY! he hates it when my uncle is on the phone! i could hear it through the phone and i was on the other side of the room! I'm sure if he'd been out of the cage that phone would have been destroyed!

Chicklette

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Courtney
Chiquita is ALWAYS noisy. When I am on the phone she is VERY loud like she has to scream. One time I was on the computer which is right next to her cage and I was trying to get my bills paid because there was a problem and she was just screaming at the top of her lungs. The lady on the phone was cracking up. But we some how got threw the screaming fit. I don’t know what it is but if Im on the phone Chiquita likes to take advantage of that. She also had a tantrum when I was talking to my pharmacist one time. People usually just laugh and ask how I stand that racket.

Boomer is not loud at all. He just minds his own business.

Nailrep

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Cindy
RUDE RUDE RUDE!!! But it's not just the phone. If they get the idea that I'm having a converstaion with someone other than them, they scream and talk very loudly. I'm not sure if they are jealous or if they just want to join in on the conversation!!:hehe:

carkam

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Lucky will bite me and the phone if he is near me when I pick up the phone! Hates me talking on it!

ParrotNutz

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Adriane
when the phone rings I can here a couple amazons mumbling "hello" under their breath. I have got to hide to talk on the phone or else they will scream at me.

ortegah

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather Ortega
Jellybean runs up to it and talks and talks and talks, "Hello? Uh huh, ok, yeah, ok, mmm hmm, ok, BYE!" :rofl:

senorabarb

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Barb
They somehow know when I'm making a business-type call. They get so loud that I have to leave the room, which makes it hard, because I often have to see the computer screen while I'm talking to the company. Spud, TAG, does exactly what Leslie's birds do, "Hello, this is Barb, uh huh, yes, no. okay, that's right, no, correct, . . . " It drives me crazy because I end up listening to her while I'm trying to talk!

Status
Not open for further replies.