• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

How do your parrots behave...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
when you're on the phone? Lately my Emma has become such a bratty and will actually start Yakking at a much higher volume:omg: and Sachi just hates the phone period. She wants nothing to do with it or to be near it.

Stacy_b

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Stacy
As long as you dont call during the dinner hour or bedtime all is well LOL

drop

Cody doesn't do anything. He will tongue it or somtimes blow a kiss into it if my boyfriend tells him that "mum's on the phone" and hands it over to him. That's about it. I don't know how the new guy will react though.

Patrick

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Patrick
Mine are fine as long as I'm calling someone else. If the phone RINGS all chaos breaks loose.

Blazeybird

Real Name
Houston
Blazey couldn't care in the least. Unless he is on my shoulder, then he gets very agitated lol.

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
Cant be on my shoulder or they attack the phone :)

love4birds

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Megan
When the phone rings, Olly will either do a phone ring, answer with a 'h'llo?', or beep like an answering maching:hehe:

Lucy gets PO'ed and starts nipping at whoever's holding the phone and grumpily saying "buhbye! buhbye!".

Chewy mumbles and grumbles the whole phone call, it's very hard to hear what the person on the other side is saying.

Spike mostly just hangs off your hair, gets all up in your face, and tries to get all the attention focused back on him.

Leyla and Nin are scared of the phone!

The other fids really don't react at all.

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
They're shocking! I have to go right up the back of my backyard (lucky I live on 1000+ acres of land LOL) to talk to someone on the phone - they are really loud especially while I'm on the phone - I'd have to scream through the phone if I were to stay inside, and I'm sure the person on the other line wouldn't be happy.

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
When the phone rings, Olly will either do a phone ring, answer with a 'h'llo?', or beep like an answering maching:hehe:

Lucy gets PO'ed and starts nipping at whoever's holding the phone and grumpily saying "buhbye! buhbye!".

Chewy mumbles and grumbles the whole phone call, it's very hard to hear what the person on the other side is saying.

Spike mostly just hangs off your hair, gets all up in your face, and tries to get all the attention focused back on him.

Leyla and Nin are scared of the phone!

The other fids really don't react at all.
:rofl::rofl::rofl: um....I'm sure it's not very funny while it's happening though.:o:

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Lets just not go there. The phantom pain is still there!! :)

Angelicarboreals

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Angela
I can't talk on the phone with the birdies around, Wesley will try to out talk me, and Connor contact calls the entire time, lol.

I am my birds Mom

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Karen
Freyja will not shut up when I am on the phone!! She thinks she has to be in on it or something!! I will have to go outside of the house sometimes!! LOL

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:rofl::rofl::rofl:
It's so good to share. I thought I had it bad at my home but..........I guess NOT. :laughing12:

Skyler

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pat
Amazingly, it was my late canary hen Herbie that resented the phone or should I say the loss of attention. She had learned to ring a bell to get me to croon "good girl"(or did she train me?). When the phone rang, she would keep pulling on the bell until I hung up.

love4birds

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Megan
:rofl::rofl::rofl: um....I'm sure it's not very funny while it's happening though.:o:
Well, we're so used to it, we all get a kick out of the ruckus that is brought by a simple phone call:rofl:

Djuna

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Debbie
:omg: the GCC hates the phone with a passion. Not only does she attack it but she bites the heck out of my hand because it touches the phone. She's like a little evil gremlin.

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:omg: the GCC hates the phone with a passion. Not only does she attack it but she bites the heck out of my hand because it touches the phone. She's like a little evil gremlin.
Yes.. Sachi will do the same to me if I make the mistake of answering the phone when she's perched on me.:o:

Sharpie

Avenue Veteran
Freyja will not shut up when I am on the phone!! She thinks she has to be in on it or something!! I will have to go outside of the house sometimes!! LOL
THIS. Phone time apparently is actually my signal for flock loud time to begin.

birdlady

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
Mine all get noisy.....Nani tries to grab the phone, and Chopper talks non stop "James.....Fowler....yup....uh huh....ok....hmmmm....uhhhhh....okay....alright bye bye....." lo

Greycloud

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Sammy, U2, does not react. Dexter, Cag, says "Hello" as soon as the phone rings. When I say goodbye to the caller, Dexter makes the hangup beep sound and the sound of the phone hanging up before I even disconnect.

Status
Not open for further replies.