• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

how do you dry birdies off after a bath?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CeddysMum

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Astrid (formerly: 'featherbaby')
Air drying here. Ceddy usually decides when it's bath time (her 'bath tub', a glass baking dish, sits on top of her cage) and when she's finished she just sits for a while until she's kinda dry, then preens the rest.

15 minutes on the gentle cycle.
:laughing11: :laughing6::laughing6: What a classic! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

tailsoflove

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Dawn
My fids love hanging out on the top part of my shower which is right under a heat light in my shower area. They will position themselves right under the light and just close their eyes while I sit and dry my hair and do my thing by the sink. They aren't completely dried by the time I am finished, but they are warm and cozy and don't get the chill they would if I were to wisk them away back to their bird room downstairs. I think putting them in a sunny, draft free spot is also a good option. The more natural type of drying you can do, the better. You have to be careful of blow dryers that may have a coating on them that can put out toxins that are harmful to our fids. You just never know what type of coating is inside .

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
I don't soak my fids in the winter time unless they are looking for a really good shower. They will tell me if they want a good soaking once I see wings start spreading and them doing their little Zon rain dance.

Summertime and spring like today, with the doors open they can air dry inside or out. :D

Chicklette

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Courtney
I just let them fly around, this really dries them off. I also have a portable heater that I plug in, in the winter. Plus I turn up the heat. But in the summer I give it to them in the morning when they are most active, I never give it to them before they go to sleep so they don’t get a chill.

hotfoot jackson

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sue
I just peg my BE2 up on the clothes line by the wings to dry...LOL just joking, I leave her shake and dry off in thesun in her solarium. If its too cold and wet to go out...its too wet and cold for a shower.

DebysFids

Hit the Road
Real Name
Deby
all mine get blow dryed but only for a few minutes on low setting they all like the blow dryer so it's not a problem

Status
Not open for further replies.