• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

How cool is too cool?

Xoetix

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
Temperature wise I mean. Isadora is already too cool otherwise :rofl:

My son and I are outside having a "picnic" (by which I mean I'm on a blanket in the backyard while he's flipping over rocks to find bugs) and it's sunny and 60°F right now. Feels beautiful, but I don't know if that's considered cool for her. I'd love to bring her out for some sunshine but don't want her catching a chill.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
It depends :)

If they are used to cooler temps (for instance, my house is routinely at 65 degrees during winter evenings) then there's less of a worry.

If it's warm enough for you to be out in a t-shirt, then it's usually fine for them. :)

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sarah
I've actually heard people taking birds out during a nice winter day, for short periods of time. I'm comfortable taking Echo out around 18°C or 65°F depending on how windy it is. But I like cooler temperatures and hate really hot days. People always worry cooler weather but birds can over heat too. The signs are pretty obvious of that, panting and spread out wings.

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
The temperature in my bird room sits between 60 and 65 in the winter. It's an old house and costs too much to heat above that. The birds are fine. It is all a matter of what they are accustomed too.