• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

How about grout?

Status
Not open for further replies.

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
The grout in my kitchen floor tile is coming up. It is very old. Is it safe to replace this?

birdlady

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
We had tiling done during our remodel...I don't recall really smelling anything once it was mixed...not sure if it depends on the brand,etc...

Where are the birds....in a different area?

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Hi Leslie, thanks. Troy said it is basically the same as concrete, sort of. Yes, the birds have their own room with a door that could be sealed with towels or something. They also have tile, but it's not the same, and not in as bad of a shape as the kitchen area. I also have a few tiles missing, as we took out a counter. So I thought I would fix that and redo the grout at the same time.

birdlady

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
I think you should be fine if they are in another room with a door....

We did our downstairs bath ourselves last spring. THe bath is in a hall off the dining room...no door to the hall...and the birds are around the corner in the open area...oh the bird room is right off that hall with a door. We had it closed and sealed.

No problems at all and again I don't recall an odor.

southernbirds

Rollerblading along the road
Should not be a problem. I had tile put into a traffic area and it was a non issue with the grout. Good luck with your project.

Status
Not open for further replies.