• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Horse Camp

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeasleyLover

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Maddy
Okay, so in June the camp me and my family go to in the fall is having a horse camp. My dad signed me up, but can pull me out if I want.

I really want to go, but it's a week long and I don't think I could go that long with out:
1. Seeing, playing, and loving my fabies.
2. Being with out my family.
3. Being with out AA.:eek::eek:

I love horses, and would love to be with them.
If I don't go, I'll upset. But if I go, I'll be upset.

Ugg, why can't my parents just get me weekly lessons!

Cinnyluver

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Ana
I think it would be okay to go for a week. Honestly, sometimes I feel like I need a couple days break from my birds. :p I'm sure your family will take good care of them while you're gone. Also, it's a good opportunity to get to know other animals. But I understand where you're coming from. I hate leaving my fabies. :(

jeme3

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Julie
Go! Don't pass up a great opportunity!

Your fabies will miss, you but once you're home, it will be like you never left.

Lovebird Lady

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sylvia
I would go, broaden your horizons and experiences. I LOVE horses. You'll know what we mean after the week is done, and you'll be happy you went, IMO :D

Renae

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
I second don’t pass up a great opportunity! You will have a blast, and, I can bet you will have so much fun that AA will not completely be on your mind, and you have your birdies to look forward to coming home to.

I would go, honestly, if my mum signed me up for a horse camp, I would be out of here before you know it, lol. :p (a week will go fast while you are having fun by the way!)

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
You should go it will be a wonderful opportunity for you. Your birds will be still be waiting for you when you get home. They wont forget you in a weeks period of time and neither will we :)

Conmom

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Helen
WOW Abigail looks just like my Jake! Beautiful! How old are you?? If you love horses as you love your birds, GO! As long as your parents know how to care for your birds, horse camp can be a great experience. I've been involved with horses in every aspect all of my life, they are such noble, beautiful animals. I don't ride as much as I used too, but I remember doing class A Arabian shows and having such fun. It's also great exercise. Don't pass up great opportunties in life for concern of your birds, you'll end up resenting the birds. Just be sure they are well cared for, and have fun at horse camp:)

Tangle Elf

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
Maddy, I'm not sure how old you are, but I'm guessing that the time away will be good for you. Eventually one day you will move out. It's best to have time away in small chunks well in advance.

SallyQZ

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Loree
You should definitely go to horse camp!!! Your birds will be fine. Two years ago, we went backpacking in Morocco for a month - left the birds & dogs with a housesitter. They were absolutely fine - no stress, no fuss, nothing changed when we got home.

I know we all love our birds so much - but our birds can't be our whole life! That is not healthy - not even for our birds. We NEED to have a life outside of the house, outside of our families, and definitely outside of the internet. Get out there, enjoy every single minute of horse camp, and come home with a bit of life experience. :)

And post LOTS of pics! I'm a life long horse lover and would leave tomorrow if someone signed me up for horse camp. :D

WeasleyLover

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Maddy
Thank guys. I'm still thinking it over.
Another bad thing, it starts June 3rd, which is the day of our next bird show.:(

Status
Not open for further replies.