• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Hormonal trigger?

Mero64

Meeting neighbors
So I built our Quaker a PVC play stand and attached this sort of hammock toy to it.. he absolutely loves the hammock, he could stay there most of the day. I’m a little hesitant though because I wouldn’t want it to trigger his hormones since it kind of looks like a nest? I don’t have a lot of experience. He’s not DNA’d so he may be a she as well.. any thoughts? He is apparently 4 months old but I’m not sure if I believe that since he is already molting.

Attachments

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Its just a platform. Out in the open in the middle of everything. Not enclosed. Not the kind of nesting site I would choose if I was a bird.

It’s not a problem until it’s a problem. Still a youngster.

Hjarta5

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jennifer
That looks like a lovely playstand! :swoon:

I had a trapeze swing like that for my female Quaker and I dont think it triggered any abnormal hormones for her.

Mero64

Meeting neighbors
Its just a platform. Out in the open in the middle of everything. Not enclosed. Not the kind of nesting site I would choose if I was a bird.

It’s not a problem until it’s a problem. Still a youngster.
Ok thanks! So much information on the internet it gets confusing, good thing we have placed like here to turn to :)

Mero64

Meeting neighbors
That looks like a lovely playstand! :swoon:

I had a trapeze swing like that for my female Quaker and I dont think it triggered any abnormal hormones for her.
Thanks! :D Good thing because he absolutely loves it hehe