• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Hormonal Amazon driving me nuts

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
I don't want a screen door because it'll block off the dogs access to the living room, like I tried to explain in my last post with the pictures. :) But, thanks for the suggestions!
doggy door in the screen door? Would she go through the flap?

Attachments

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
What you've done is quite ingenious!
Doesn't that also stop the smaller dogs thoughs, or is it not where the dogs want to be?
Am I right in thinking you need a long, low, movable no climb barrier?
I'm think clear panels that are hinged so you can arrange them?
Or all we all confused?

Sisco

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Sherry
What you've done is quite ingenious! Doesn't that also stop the smaller dogs thoughs, or is it not where the dogs want to be? Am I right in thinking you need a long, low, movable no climb barrier? I'm think clear panels that are hinged so you can arrange them? Or all we all confused?
LOL! Now I'm confused. We only blocked off part of the bird room to stop the dogs from going in there since 1 dog has a super sensitive tummy and also because some of our birds like to walk on the floor and reason #3 because of the roosters. 1 is in a hutch and 1 is free to walk wherever, but he will fight the one in the hutch if he gets the chance to. So, the bird room is blocked off, but the dogs can still access the living room.

I don't really need any more barrier ideas, because you all have been so great in giving me so many ideas. What I'd love is to figure out how to lessen her hormones so she isn't so crazy. Like, are there any supplements, would a Lupron injection work? Is that even advisable anymore?

She is breaking all of our hearts with the way she is acting. When she wants something she says uhoh over and over and over again. She badly wants the GCC. The GCC flies all over the house. I'm hoping that the birdie paradise hubby is making for them will help keep the GCC and other birds in with Sophie and she won't be so lost like she is when they fly out of the room.

She's acting like a 50 year old menopausal woman. Well, me. She's acting like me. :laughing6::laughing4::excited1: Crazy! :doublelol:

Lady

Meeting neighbors
We sprinkle a herbal supplement on food called Hormone Havoc by Greywood Manor. You can brew it as tea, or just add to food. I think it helps, but it may be psychosomatic Haha! We pick it up at the local bird store, but if yours doesn't carry it, here's a link.

Hormone Havoc

Rain Bow

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Greywood Manor, I think I know this online store... @finchly Have you used this w/ your flock?

You could use shower curtains... Keeps birds out & in (maybe) w/ added benefit of letting the pups scoot thru the under the bottom portion.

12-14 hours of sleep for the Zon, did wonders for Buddy. He's a mexican red headed... But he sleeps in a travel cage & I cover it when needed.

Sisco

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Sherry
She seems to be calming down a bit with our new schedule. I was going to order that tea to try, but when I got to the shipping part it said it was going to be $12 to ship it to me and I just thought $24 for 3 ounces of tea was a bit crazy! Especially if I didn't know how I was going to get her to drink it. I've tried tea with her before and she wouldn't drink it and I'm trying not to give her any mushy foods to cook the tea in, also when she is in hormonal overload, she doesn't eat much, because she is too worried about where the GCC is... So, instead I put that money into getting more things for the birdie paradise we are building. I have a few things coming, including a huge rope swing for her (by the way...shipping for this box from Chewy was less than $5!). Keeping her busy and on a schedule I believe is key. I could be wrong tho... :excited1: :wideyed:

Rain Bow

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I know @Danita sells some different herbs & maybe something like organic camomile could help. I'll let her advise as I'm not sure, there maybe some way to do it that doesn't even have to be tea. I use Camomile on Buddy's sprouts & it does calm him. I add a luttle hot water from my 1st cup of tea into his sprout bowl. I just realized the other day he was drinking the thick brew in his cage. I was elated. On that day it was a green herb tho. I think it was dill but I didn't think about it till after I'd pitched it & then forgot what I put on them that morning. Ooops!