• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Hoping to find the owners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riley's mom

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Cindy
of this sweet, sweet quaker. I got a call from a gentleman yesterday who lives about an hour north of me, that a bird had flown down out of the trees onto his arm. I drove out there and picked up this sweet little guy. He is a big talker and loves to cuddle. I'm hoping to be able to find the owners of this guy. If I do find them, they will be getting back a clipped bird. That's the first thing I did when I got him home. From the area he came from, he's lucky to be alive. The place was loaded with hawks.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
awwwwwwwww I sure hope the owners show up..they are probably worried sick...if not, are you going to keep him??

allison

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
Aw, I hope they are looking for him and didn't release him on purpose. Is there a wild flock of quakers around there? I know some people try to release their "pets" if they know their is a wild flock in the area. They don't realize that birds raised in captivity do not do well in the wild unless acclimated to it slowly.

Nikki

Hit the Road
Real Name
Nikki
I just read this:

I see that handfed Quakers usually find accommodating humans and "adopt" them, usually within the first 24 hours of escape.

How to Recover a Lost Quaker Parrot | QuakerParrots.com

Hopefully this quaker hasn't been out long and went to the first person he saw. I hope you find his home. I know that if it was mine I would be heartbroken.

Riley's mom

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Cindy
Still have him and no calls yet. I'm also hoping somebody just didn't open the door and let him fly. I don't know the area he was found because it's in another county about an hour away from here. But there are wild quakers and Nandays all over around here. He is very tame. A big talker! I'm still looking.

Norman's Mom

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sue
maybe it is this one? This was on craigs' list, St Pete FL:

Do you know anyone that has found a talking Quaker Parrot since December 10th 2009. Our "Ivy" talked up a storm and I am sure if someone found her that they would have told someone about the really cool bird they found. Please help us bring Ivy home. She is not tagged or microchipped and her wings were not clipped. We miss her and are not giving up hope of finding her. If you know someone that has found a talking bird and they told you about it, please get me in contact with them or have them call me. Thank you. Suellen 727-821-8924 or 727-771-5763 We can identify her by her vocabulary. Please help us get our bird back.

Greycloud

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thanks Sue! I just passed this on to Cindy late last night and she is going to call when she gets home from work.

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
That would be really cool if it was their bird!

Status
Not open for further replies.