• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

HOORAY for LOLA!!!

• Thread starter M.C Bird Rescue
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

M.C Bird Rescue

I just wanted to update on Lola's progress on handling and her behaviors. Lola is no longer pulling out any feathers, shes too busy to worry about doing that!

Handling: We have been working on Lola walking onto the floor and coming to me on her own time. She has been doing this with lots of coaxing, nuts, and encouragement! She is now walking over to me and sitting on my arm! YAY for Lola. She has trained ME to allow her to handle her on her terms, but now she also thinks she is a dog and plays with toys!

Biting:
To date NEVER been bitten by her, but expect it in the future. Possibly, never know!

Lola thinks shes a dog..thats fine with me, that just means she can walk over whenever she wants ME! Works out well. hahahahaha. I have a dog bird. Oh well.

thebirdnerds

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Jennifer
Yea Lola!!!!! hahaha I was on the phone when I she did it hahahaha Go lola bird dog.

dolldid

Riding the Skies
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Dolly witney
ha ha as long as they need us we dont care how they come to us , one day she will fly to you and for get being a dog , and that day we will all dance,
but till then its great when they learn trust and shes learning in her way and your respecting it and soon she will respect you to im as excited as you as i know what it feels like when there is no trust or respect
god bless you for taking the time lola need to adjust ,

WenM

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Wendy
Yay for Lola. She is coming right along!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.