• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Homes with Parrots and Ceiling fans..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm wondering how many of you use ceiling fans. :)

I imagine that you if you have them, you don't use them with your parrots are out of their cages?

Do your parrots ever try to perch on or bother with it?

I'm debating on whether I'd like one installed in our new kitchen for added ventilation. Really am not sure.:huh:

TWR

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
I have ceiling fans in some rooms, but not the bird room

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I have one, it is almost never on because the birds are almost always out and it is right along their flight path. So far, Jingo had expressed no interest in it, and Koopa cannot yet get the lift to try :)

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
We have one in each bedroom on the second floor. Rarely are the birds upstairs but when they are, the fans are off. We do use them in the summer when we sleep, but other than that, we rarely turn them on.

Ribbit21

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Keri
I have 2 in the living room and 1 in a bedroom. I don't use them when the birds are out. Our kitchen is open to the living room, so if I'm cooking I will sometimes turn the living room fans on.

The birds haven't messed with the fans at all. Actually, I'm really surprised that they haven't.

lzver

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Laura
I have one in the kitchen on the main level, but it is never on when the birds are out of their cages.

It comes in handy though when I'm cooking in the summer. The birds are always in their cages when I'm cooking because of other hazards, so I feel ok using the ceiling fans then.

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
I have 1 in the top of the upstairs stairwell. I rarely use it but will if it's really hot at night, once the birds are in their cages. I have also used it when painting to help dry & dissipate the smell but again, only when the birds are in their cages, doors closed.
I would like one downstairs but I won't have install another as the birds are down there a lot. A stand fan is a better idea as it is caged in and not a danger. They aren't very expensive either (Walmart).

Nikki

Hit the Road
Real Name
Nikki
When I moved in there were fans in all the bedrooms. I took out the ones in the birdrooms, especially after Augie and Aubrey took it apart.... I only turn on mine at bedtime.

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
When I moved in there were fans in all the bedrooms. I took out the ones in the birdrooms, especially after Augie and Aubrey took it apart.... I only turn on mine at bedtime.

:eek: Augie and Aubrey?

:faint:

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer

Phew! I was afraid to watch that but now that I see it wasn't even on, it makes me want to PUT one in the bird room, just not connected to power, as it looks like so much fun!!
:D

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
We have 5 in our house - one in two bedrooms, one in the kitchen and two in the bird/family room. We don't use the two in the family/bird room though the birds do, we sometimes use the bedroom ones but the birds don't go in there usually. The kitchen one has an extremely low setting (about the same speed as the one that's off in the Augie/Aubrey video) and we leave it on to try to avoid fids sitting on it and pooping on people and the kitchen table under it. The downside is that the gcc kids have figured out how to ride it and it is now becoming an amusement park ride.:rolleyes:

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:huh: Oh dear! Didn't realize that so many parrots might think it would be fun to use the fan for rides!!:eek:

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Nikki, that video is hysterical! leave it to your birds to take full advantage of a free ride. :lol:

penny'smom

Real Name
Ashley
We have one in the living room (never use the fan OR the light), the bedroom (only run at night when birds are caged and covered), and my studio (rarely used, and only when birds are caged). One of our chickens sleeps on the one on our patio - it has wide blades and she is very small.

Sparkles

Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Iskra
I don't have any...I think, like with everything, you have to use your own common sense and think would your parrots like to perch on it or not :) you know them better than anyone :)

ImaBirdMom

Real Name
Jessica

too cute! Your video made my cockatiel Scooby go crazy LOL I guess she enjoyed hearing all your birds

Status
Not open for further replies.