• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Holy egg batman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stacy_b

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Stacy
The rose breasted (surrender) we renamed her Bella Rose (Bella boo), well she climbed up into my lap, and started making strange noises,and movements...I realized ummmm, she is bearing down...OMG she is laying an egg! Moved her to the cage, 5 min later...we have an egg!! Ive never watched such a thing before...

Archiesmom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
:eek:
I would have freaked if a bird had laid an egg in my lap. My goodness!

Lobby

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Mark Hogan
Sounds like she really likes you. Does she do the RB2 "purr" for you? When I'm petting Strawberry she does this noise. A Wiki described it as purring like a cat which is not what it is like all but it is a sign of affection.

Kristy

Welcome to the Avenue!
Oh my goodness!!

That is a crazy thing!

Stacy_b

Real Name
Stacy
I havent heard the purr yet, but she totally loves rubs and attnetion!! lol

Lobby

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Mark Hogan
I've been trying to get Strawberry doing it on video but she does not like the camera. I'll try to get Jenni to record it some time so that the camera is not so close. It is a hard sound to describe. I always thought it was just her mimicking the tongue clicking sound that I make to the fids. But when I read about the purring thing I realized that it was that. It is a very soft sound that they reportedly do as a sign of affection.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
:omg: she must really like you...Sam laid her first egg right in front of my eyes on the computer desk..it was pretty scary and awesome to watch for sure

Mystics Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tanya
My rosie ECHO (male) does the purr all the time i got a call at 1;30 am from a lady who is also a friend that adopted a lesser from me she was crying and said i think Daisy Mae is dying i said ohh nno bring her over whats wrong she said she isnt breathing or moving right(this is a bird who has had alot of problems) so i get everything out for emergengy set up hosp cage she comes in smiling holding daisy (who is VERY happy to see me)i say what up she holds out her hand Daisy laid an egg on her lap on the way over:rofl:

Stacy_b

Real Name
Stacy
My rosie ECHO (male) does the purr all the time i got a call at 1;30 am from a lady who is also a friend that adopted a lesser from me she was crying and said i think Daisy Mae is dying i said ohh nno bring her over whats wrong she said she isnt breathing or moving right(this is a bird who has had alot of problems) so i get everything out for emergengy set up hosp cage she comes in smiling holding daisy (who is VERY happy to see me)i say what up she holds out her hand Daisy laid an egg on her lap on the way over:rofl:

:rofl::rofl:I called my friend FREAKING out...and actually debated calling YOU because you could get to me faster....I was like WTH LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.