• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Hi new here need some advice about a White Front Amazon

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Hi Terri, hope you are doing okay. Happy that you may one day add another bird to your life! Phoenix Landing is a great rescue and they are multi State between NC, DC, VA as well.

One of my Friend's will be taking over as Director in April. She has been connected with them many years.

Snowghost

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Terri
Thank you Claire. The tears are still rolling..........I looked at Phoenix Landing and I don't like the idea that the bird has to be returned to them in the event of my death. My birds are my family and my daughter will take my family if I should pass, and not returned to a rescue.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Thank you Claire. The tears are still rolling..........I looked at Phoenix Landing and I don't like the idea that the bird has to be returned to them in the event of my death. My birds are my family and my daughter will take my family if I should pass, and not returned to a rescue.
I am not sure what you are thinking species wise. But we adopted from Kiki's Legacy in Hickory. She only has 2 Amazons, they aren't hands on and are an odd ball pair. One is a Lilac crown, the other a blue front.

You can look online, ask Vet's, and Craigslist seems to always have Amazons, Cockatoos etc.

Most of us all face that later life decision in lieu of our mortality. All of mine should go into rescue, but they should go with me as bad as that sounds!!! Horrible I say this, but all they know is me. Hate thinking that way, but it's how I feel!

I will have to ask the Director Teri about them if you want and I know they had a Mealy surrender. ;)

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
welcome and so sorry for your loss