• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Hi! I'm new here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

alohaimee

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Aimee
I've also introduced myself in the new folks forum but thought i'd pop in and say hi here to!

I just got a 2 month old Quaker parrot and I already love her to death! She is sweet as sugar and LOVES my dogs! :) She makes the sweetest cheeps and has a pretty loud "pay attention to me" Squalk that we are just getting akcik out of!! I have decided to name her Squirt! Here are a few photos but you can rest easy! There will be more! ;)

KimKimWilliamson

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kim Williamson
Wow, she really is CUTE! LOL Squirt is a cute name as well!
I didnt realize Quakers could be weaned so soon (2 months).
Your pups are adorable as well, and you beach reminds me of Vancouver Island! LOL

Welcome to Avian Avenue! Lots of great people here!

alohaimee

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Aimee
Oh gosh! I hope it was ok for me to take her home already! The lady I bought her from said they were already weaned and ready to go! She eates her pellets just fine and LOVES fresh fruit. They said she has been on the pellets for a week before I took her home. I sure hope that is ok!

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
What a sweet little baby!

Matt

jaytee

Jogging around the block
I had to wait 5 1/2 weeks to take SMOOCHES home. 4 1/2 weeks weening, another week of pellets. FINALLY!!!!
As long as she's eating, things are good. Welcome home Squirt.

Last edited:

MollyMouse

Biking along the boulevard
Welcome Squirt and Aimee. Love the pics. Hope to see lots more.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
welcome..she is a dollie...watch her for signs of regression and make sure she is eating a ok....what a dollie.

Tamara

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Tamara R Money
What a beautiful quaker! Welcome, again! :)

alohaimee

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Aimee
Thanks! Are there any specific fruits Quakers like? She seems to enjoy apples very much and I have given her a bit of carrot this morning and she doesn't seem to really like it. LOL! She tossed it out of her cage!

Daisy's Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Tiffany
Welcome to The Avenue :)... Squirt is very pretty!

alohaimee

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Aimee
welcome..she is a dollie...watch her for signs of regression and make sure she is eating a ok....what a dollie.

What would this look like? Would she just not eat? Sorry if I sound ignorant. I have never had a bird this young! She seems to be eating fine, but now I am a bit worried! What do I do if she were to stop eating?:confused:

jaytee

Jogging around the block
Thanks! Are there any specific fruits Quakers like? She seems to enjoy apples very much and I have given her a bit of carrot this morning and she doesn't seem to really like it. LOL! She tossed it out of her cage!
QPs are prone to fatty liver disease. Fruits are good, but high in sugar..... = fat. Vegies daily, fruits 2-3 times a week. They each like their fruits-n-vegies differently. Some like cooked, some raw, chopped, diced, shreaded, pureed, ........ Trial, and error!!

I made a LIST of Human foods for QPs, both Safe, and Not Safe. If anyone would like to make suggestions on this list, please do.

Status
Not open for further replies.