• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Hi, I am a Mommy to 4 Fids

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunnyside

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Janice
Hi, I am currently a Mom to Bella, Major Mitchell. Ozzy, U2 and he is crazy! Farfey, U2 and she is a big ole jellybean. Peg, Timneh Grey and she is a lover. I would love to have a Caique and a Sun Conure. After that I think I will be done. hahaha

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Welcome! I love Major Mitchells cockatoos! Enjoy the site!

Matt

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
wel come and enjoy the site!!!!!!!!!

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Welcome to the Avenue, Janice. I look forward to meeting your flock. Have fun in the neighborhood.

Attachments

ArloDuncan

Real Name
Steve
welcome Janice Hope you enjoy the site. Your flock sounds so nice. :)

Leza

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Annaleza
welcome!! can't wait to see more of your flock :)

Skyler

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pat
Hi and welcome. I can't wait to see pictures.

crystaljam

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Crystal
Welcome Janice!

Beautiful Avatar of your MM!

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
Welcome to the Avenue and please, please, please tell us all about that gorgeous MM2 you have!

kitsunebandit

Avenue Veteran
welcome to the forum, very jealous of your birds :o: hehe

Sunnyside

Real Name
Janice
Thank you all for such a warm welcome! Very nice group of people here.
My first bird was a Yellow Crowned Amazon, Wilma. This little bird stole my heart. Wilma was my beginning to all of this and I am thankful she came into my life. Sadly, she is now gone.
Wilma (The reason I am here)

Next up is Ozzy. Now Ozzy is a character. He is very much a bully and a clown and he is my first U2. Because of his antics of liking to attack me it brought me to mytoos several years ago and that is where I learned exactly what I had gotten myself in to. Here is my boy, Oz

Silly me thought going to a rescue and adopting another U2 would somehow calm Oz down, LOL. So that is how Farfey came to us. She had very little to do with me, if anything at all. It took her 2 yrs to let me hold her and now she is my sidekick! But, she is a little jealous if my attention goes to the others.

Next is Peg. Peg is a rescue. She is missing one foot and several toes on her existing foot. Peg is coming along and is learning to be a bird. She truly thinks she is a dog.

Last of my fids is Bella. She is a cutie pie!!! Love her! Bella came to me because I needed her. My husband is in Iraq (NOT MILITARY) and we have gone through many many changes in the past 4 years. When Wilma died a piece of me went with her and I felt lost without her. With my U2s I really have to watch myself so Oz doesn't hurt me. Wilma was the bird that I could hold, put on my shoulder, kiss on the beak and let her cuddle with the kitty....That was gone for me and my husband is gone also (for now) so I did arrange to get Bella. Please don't judge me for buying a bird....but I really needed to in order to keep going with the rest of my troubled flock. All this work, I wanted a bird I could hold also. Here is Bella.

Now we know it can't end here with the fids! So next up is the rest of my crew!

Speedie

Trixie

Fred

Scoobie

Dinky

I am excited about being a part of your community. I love the pics of all the set ups with the birds, it is inspiring me to finish my bird room.

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
What a beautiful flock you have there!!! Just gorgeous! And the rest of your animal family too! Wow!!! Nice pics!! I would love to see more of your flock when you have time :D

Welcome to Avian Avenue :D

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
welcome I am glad you joined :hug8:

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
No worries about judging you for buying a bird versus getting a rescue, we here at AA are not judgemental...besides, MM2s aren't generally birds you'll see in a rescue. Did you go through a breeder and if so, if you don't mind me asking who...the MM2 will be my next and definitely last bird, but this is one bird that I absolutely will be adding to my flock at some point.

I'm so sorry to hear about Wima. I saw the picture of her that you posted on the April Showers thread...wonderful picture and I LOVE the porch!

Sunnyside

Real Name
Janice
No worries about judging you for buying a bird versus getting a rescue, we here at AA are not judgemental...besides, MM2s aren't generally birds you'll see in a rescue. Did you go through a breeder and if so, if you don't mind me asking who...the MM2 will be my next and definitely last bird, but this is one bird that I absolutely will be adding to my flock at some point.

I'm so sorry to hear about Wima. I saw the picture of her that you posted on the April Showers thread...wonderful picture and I LOVE the porch!
Thank you for the warm welcome.
I love my MM2. The sweetest bird ever! I did go through a breeder, I used Rainbow Crest Aviary in California. The reason I chose this aviary is because they are small. It is a husband/wife team that are older and do this only for the love of MM2's. They only have one breeding pair and every baby is raised in a loving environment and it really shows! It was recommended to me to get a female because the males tend to get very hormonal and can become nasty around 8 or 9 yrs of age. So to be safe I did get a female. These MM2s suck you in with their squeaky, cute voices and they love to *kiss kiss*!! Truly wonderful, sweet birds!

I should also add that they give you a cd with your bird on there from the beginning. You get to see your baby as an egg and then you can watch her hatch, etc....so cool

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.