• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

hi guys anyone no wat mutation this is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clarissa

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Clarissa
He looks almost exactly like my one lovebird, I don't think this is a normal lovebird. I believe this may be a hybrid.

This is a picture of my baby before his colors become more vibrant and he had his first molt. His colors have become more solid and noticeable. I should take more recent pictures of him... :)
2 (8).jpg

Anfsurfer

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tim
I agree, I believe it's a Peachfaced / Fischer Hybrid. You can tell it's not a pure yellowface Fischer by the top of the beak. A Yellowface would be born with an orange beak that would get redder. That birds beak is pink at the top.

Last edited:

jo3mc

Moving in
Real Name
joe
hi here is another picture, i dont keep pachface so cannot be hybrid

Attachments

wonderb

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Maybe one of its parents is a hybrid? The beak is too light and the eye ring too thin. Do you have pics of the parents?

jo3mc

Moving in
Real Name
joe
i bred the parents, i also have the grandparents which are olive fischers, hybrids are sterile

Attachments

wonderb

Avenue Spotlight Award
There's some debate as to whether they are in fact sterile. Do you breed in mixed aviaries or in cages?

jo3mc

Moving in
Real Name
joe
i breed in cages, the yellow is getting more vibrant, just waiting on the moult, its parents show no sign of hybrid

wonderb

Avenue Spotlight Award
Well it will be interesting to see. In the top pic he looks very much like a PF hybrid, the proportions and the broader pale beak. I hope you'll share more photos once he matures!

jo3mc

Moving in
Real Name
joe
wen u said u can tell its not pure yellowface, could it b the start of it

jo3mc

Moving in
Real Name
joe
can you tell me anytig from this picture, this chick is out of the same parents

Attachments

Anfsurfer

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tim
wen u said u can tell its not pure yellowface, could it b the start of it
You have to understand that the nickname "Yellowface" is for the Parblue color mutation in the Eyering Species Lovebird. The bird is born with it, as a Blue Bird is born with its color and a Green bird is born with its color.

Your bird does look Parblue, but it's displaying the characteristics of a Peachfaced Parblue, not a Fischer Parblue. As someone has said on Facebook...your bird looks like a hybrid of a Parblue Peachfaced and a Blue Fischer. Your bird does not have the correct coloring, posture or proportions to be a pure Fischer. I'll attach a pic of my Blackmasked Yellowface and my Violet Yellowface Fischer. You can see the difference in the coloring of the beak and the way the birds look. Finally I'll attach a link to a pic of a Peachfaced Parblue. You'll see your bird resembles its cololring and appearance more.

BLACKMASKED YELLOWFACE

VIOLET FISCHER YELLOWFACE

PEACHFACED PARBLUE (picture on the web)
http://66.147.242.177/~parrotp1/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/babyblue1.jpg

Featherpaws

Jogging around the block
i agree it looks hybrid. i see STRONG peach faced in that bird, i am wondering if the mother "cheated" on its partner with a peachy.... it happens and confuses people.

this is my own parblue peach faced, notice a very strong resemblance

as a baby (the blue one)

adult

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
I'm going to say not hybrid.... Joe says he doesn't keep peachface lovebirds, and this is a bird that he bred himself, therefore he would *know* whether or not the bird is a hybrid (with peachface).

I will also say that we'll be able to better figure out what this bird is once he goes through his first molt and attain his adult colors.

Sometimes, some of the lovebird mutations have unique beaks... I recall seeing a photo of a blue masked lovebird that had the red beak. Blue masked lovebirds should have pink/horn colored beaks, not red.

i.e. What a blue mask should look like

http://friendspetworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/100_5352.jpg

And the red beaked blue mask (love the colors!)
http://i598.photobucket.com/albums/tt61/personatus/modifications/DSC_0310.jpg

Last edited:

wonderb

Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm going to say not hybrid.... Joe says he doesn't keep peachface lovebirds, and this is a bird that he bred himself, therefore he would *know* whether or not the bird is a hybrid (with peachface).

I will also say that we'll be able to better figure out what this bird is once he goes through his first molt and attain his adult colors.

Sometimes, some of the lovebird mutations have unique beaks... I recall seeing a photo of a blue masked lovebird that had the red beak. Blue masked lovebirds should have pink/horn colored beaks, not red.

i.e. What a blue mask should look like

And the red beaked blue mask (love the colors!)
Those 2 photos are the same.

Anfsurfer

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tim
There is not one tiny attribute here that needs to be questioned Monica, it's many. The bird is 100% a hybrid. Joe has posted the clutchmate on Facebook and it looks 100% like a Green Hybrid as well.
As for the Blue Series bird with the red beak, that is an EXTREMELY rare case and only one small attribute of that bird which can easily be a genetic cause because a Red Beak is an actual trait of Masked Lovebirds. Joe's birds has traits which are not of a Fischer Lovebird.
I know Sam (Mask) had one of those Blue series with a red beak at one time. Maybe he can comment on how it actually comes to be. I agree, it is striking! Which is one of the reasons I love the Eyering Parblues so much.

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
I haven't seen the other pictures but I would be interested in seeing them.

Clarissa

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Clarissa
My lovebird is a cross between an Orange Faced and Blue Fischers.. And looks like, almost exactly like this baby. When he had his first molt, his colors became more vibrant and he developed a big of a masked, but his chest is bright yellow and such...

Yeah, no offense. But I don't care what anyone says. I believe it's a hybrid. :v No way it's pure. Not that there's anything wrong with hybrids, cause both of my babies are hybrids and I love them every bit as much as I would if they weren't. :)

Somebirdie

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
With the hybrid issue, if you don't keep peachfaces,

Is it just possible the female grandparent mated with another bird before you obtained her? I think that's what people are getting at

I know nothing about love birds so have no input lol. Hope the baby is going well

Status
Not open for further replies.