• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Hi, from me and Pandora

prazmap

Checking out the neighborhood
Hi all...
I have "snooped" in this site for quite some time, and decided it was time to join.

I have a Goffins Cockatoo that a coworker rescued from a tree in her yard in Southern California in 1991. I took her to a vet, who said at the time she was around 10 years old, then read in some books they live 25-30 years. Given the vet's assessment, she's a little over 40 years old!

She still acts like a little kid. Screams when she doesn't get enough attention, happy when she does. We recently relocated to South Florida. She'd never taken many road trips, to the boarder when we went on vacation was about it. I figured she'd either love it, or die in the car on the way. We have a small travel trailer, she sat in a small cage behind the front seat, and came in the trailer with us at night. I put her cage up high enough so she could see outside, and she watched the scenery and danced to the stereo all the way out.

She has a huge cage here now. She loves to go in her travel cage and sit out on the screen porch overlooking the water, and scream at the seagulls.

So, hello from both of us. Currently researching ideas for new toys. She shreds everything in days... I've found a few harder dog toys that she loves, but she goes through everything in a couple of days (after she gets over being scared of it...) Looking forward to finding some new ideas for safe stuff to chew up, at a reasonable price.

Xoetix

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
Hello and welcome!

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Welcome! I would check out Welcome to Seriously Nutz - Bird Toys For Serious Chewers! ; my Jardine's goes through toys quickly and those are some of his favorites!

I also have several skewers that I load up with wood; you can get pre cut and dyed wood at: Welcome to cabirdnerds.com -

I love these twister skewers: Twister Skewer

Here's a full list of Avian Avenue vendors :)

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Welcome to the fourm! Your goffin is really cute! (And I think goffins can live into their 50s. :) )

Sparkles99

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Welcome! :smileflower:

Tanya

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Tanya
Welcome to the avenue! It sounds like your G2 is living her best life with you!
:xflove:

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Welcome to the Avenue :hiya:

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
:hello: :needpics:Pretty please

prazmap

Checking out the neighborhood
Welcome! I would check out Welcome to Seriously Nutz - Bird Toys For Serious Chewers! ; my Jardine's goes through toys quickly and those are some of his favorites!

I also have several skewers that I load up with wood; you can get pre cut and dyed wood at: Welcome to cabirdnerds.com -

I love these twister skewers: Twister Skewer

Here's a full list of Avian Avenue vendors :)

Thank you so much!! I'll take a look at those

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
The owner of SSBT is about to retire but is accepting orders until the end of the month;
What?? :wdIM: I'd better get ordering!! runcirclsmiley2.gif

Any recommendations for Goffins toys?
Our goffins girls love the Parrot Play Necklace; even our guests will wear the necklace to keep the birds interested (or distracted!) The Fill It Up skewers are great for reusing toy parts, but I don't put food on them anymore since they can be a pain to wash & I worry about them drying quickly enough.
I think we have 4 of the Simplicity. They're amazing and such a good deal! It's small enough to fit on the hooks on their playtop but durable enough for our gentle macaw boys that they've only dented the charms on theirs. :)
None of our birds play with for toys very long, so I like the ones I can hang on a quick link or skewer. (Which is most of them!)

Jan

Stainless Bird Toys @ Blu's Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jan
Welcome Prazmap!

Hey Thanks Zara and Karen! Yes, I have to say that many (all) of the welded stainless toys I make and sell the birds like/love them. There are many toys that would be very suitable for Goffin's.