• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Hi everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caron

Moving in
Hi everyone,

My name is Caron and I live on the north east coast of England. Parrots/birds are my life passion and I run a small home-based parrot rescue and advisory service for the public, local authorities, animal charities, veterinary practices etc in my area. Though my primary focus is Psittacines I tend to get called upon for assistance with all kinds of feathery creatures from seabirds to birds of prey and everything in between!

I share my life with 20 Parrots of various species, (all but two, are rehomes or rescues and several are disabled and/or special needs) and a gorgeous little Barn Owl.

I've never bred or sold a bird (personal feeling is that treating living creatures like inanimate consumer commodities is distasteful) and am a huge advocate of rehoming birds rather than encouraging the unfettered breeding of more and more young birds for the already overpopulated, companion parrot market.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Welcome to the Avenue! Can't wait to see pictures of your flock. A Barn owl?! That must be a wonderful experience!

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Welcome and enjoy the site!

Matt

Pip

Jogging around the block
Hello Caron :)

I've met Caron, she took in the B&G Macaw of a colleague of mine who was unable to cope with the bird after her husband passed away. Caron drove several hundred miles in one day to come and collect the bird from my town. A real star who, like me, isn't afraid to speak her mind in the interest of parrot well-being/welfare:hug8:

Caron

Moving in

Thank you for the warm welcome.:)

Yes, I've met Pip, her beautiful chix and wonderful set up - no parrot could hope for a better home than hers!

The photo is of Gracie, the Blue and Gold Macaw I had the great honour of adopting from Pip's colleague, to come and join my flock.:heart:

Pip

Jogging around the block

Thank you for the warm welcome.:)

Yes, I've met Pip, her beautiful chix and wonderful set up - no parrot could hope for a better home than hers!

The photo is of Gracie, the Blue and Gold Macaw I had the great honour of adopting from Pip's colleague, to come and join my flock.:heart:

Gracie is just so beautiful! :)

calibird

California Bird Nerds
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
Welcome to The Avenue.

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Welcome.

Naiera

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Alyssa
Welcome, Caron! I think it's wonderful what you do to help birds of all shapes and sizes! They are all so special and unique - what a joy it must be to have the opportunity to help those in need. Also, Gracie is just beautiful! Hope to see pictures of the rest of your flock too!!

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
Hi & welcome to AA! Aww, Gracie is SO pretty!! :heart: More pix, please...

Skyler

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pat
Hi and welcome.

Caron

Moving in
More photos... Well there are quite a lot, but here are two of my Cockatoos; Angel (Triton) and Holly (Umbrella)

and the gorgeous Guinevere..

65sunnyday

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
April, aka 'SUNNY'
Hi, Caron, welcome to the Avenue! I am really looking forward to hearing more about you, your rescue, & your personal flock. I'm so glad there are people w/your philosophy ready to step up & care for these birds, who so often find themselves homeless. And a barn owl--how cool is that! Will he ever be able to be rehabilitated? :welcomesign:

Status
Not open for further replies.