• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Hey There

FeelsLikeHome

Moving in
Real Name
Madi
Hey, i'm Madi. I don't yet have my bird with me, but, in a few weeks will be bringing home a 3 month old blue and gold Macaw. I have their cage set up and ready for their arrival. I joined the forums because i thought it would be a nice thing to have incase i need advice on products or behaviours etc. I would like to make some friends or aquiantences who are bird owners also.

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Welcome Madi! :greet14: We require lots of photos on this forum. ;) Especially babies. :heart::heart::heart:

And wow, 3 months is so tiny! :xflove: Have you handfed before? It seems so intimidating to me. But there are plenty of knowledgeable folks here if you need tips, that's for sure.

Last edited:

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Welcome! Be sure to ask the breeder which formula they are using as three months is very young to be weaned.

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Welcome I hope you enjoy your time here :)

FeelsLikeHome

Moving in
Real Name
Madi
Welcome Madi! :greet14: We require lots of photos on this forum. ;) Especially babies. :heart::heart::heart:

And wow, 3 months is so tiny! :xflove: Have you handfed before? It seems so intimidating to me. But there are plenty of knowledgeable folks here if you need tips, that's for sure.
only rosy-faced lovebirds really, at first it was quite intimidating because they are just so small.

Fia Baby

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Beth
If you haven't hand fed a lot, you might want to ask your breeder to switch your new baby over to small paper Dixie cups for handfeeding (they'll need to stack 3 together for strength). I found that much less stressful when I finished weaning my greenwing, and she was much more receptive to it and seemed much happier as well. But, even if the breeder is unwilling to make that switch, you can make it yourself if you need to. I loved weaning my macaw - it was a bit stressful, but I really enjoyed the process. Can't wait to see pictures of your new baby girl/boy!

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
:welave: