• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

help with my budgies

ski_n_clou

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Amana
my budgies are cloudy(white budgie,male,7ish months) and cookie(blue budgie,male,1 and half y old) ill most pics later but basically had cookie for very long that i think he might be older and cloudy for about 5 months maybe,but i have moved into my new house and few months agon so now i get to have them in my room{im in high school} but my parents are against the idea but i love my birds dearly and dont wanna have them on the bacony cage ridden.

now to the taming problem:
1.cookie is doesnt trust hands and is very nervous and panting when outside the cage
2.cloudy wants to trust me but sees cookies behaviour and retaliate

i have tried EVERY WAY and just about NEVER grabbed them other than cookie for when he escaped in the house,i talk to them while sitting on the floor,feed them millet in my palms,have them in my most spend room etc but they are on a seed diet(trying to transition) btw,and yes they are coming onto my hand but theres no trust just 'food is there and i want it' and when im they are outside of the cage and i get close to them they get SUPER nervous,idk how to help tame them pls help me out and plus ask me any questions if you guys didnt understand
(also i dont have any pictures of cookie in my laptop so i judt put the picture of the cage in which you cant see them both)

Attachments

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
I can’t really see Cookie. Cloudy is gorgeous!

IME, some budgies never really become hand tame. Most budgies are parent raised, which is a good thing for long term health & mental health, but does make taming more difficult.

Have you tried reading to them? They may surprise you by being more comfortable somewhere other than your hands. Hands grab. Birds know this.

ski_n_clou

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Amana
They Are kind of comfortable around me cuz I study around them (aka teach them ) but makes sense some birds don't get hand tame but is there any way in which I can slowly maybe
Bond with them? Since I have nothing else to do anyway

Last edited: