• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Help..Pigeons fighting

Jogging around the block
Well my feral rescue (Cloud) has turned out to be a she rather than a he, which I originally thought Cloud was a he. I have two homing pigeon brothers, which live with Cloud. They are all free range 24/7.
Cloud recently reached maturity, and took a liking to my dominant male (Pebbles). Feeding, preening, and recently mating plus sharing the same pigeon hole. My submissive male (Silver) is now being bullied by Pebbles, I assume to defend his mate. This is not physical fighting, just dominant cooing and sometimes a short chase which usually ends in Silver flying off and Pebbles not following. It isnt constant, it happens maybe once a day, but once a day is still too much. If the fighting escalates I will have to separate them which I would prefer not to do.
Silver and Pebbles used to get along fine and be buddies until Cloud came along, but now Silver looks lonely and I need the fighting to stop.
I'm not willing to rehome anyone, so I thought maybe an idea instead could be to get Silver a mate, which hopefully would stop Silver being lonely, and Pebbles not seeing him as a rival. But there are problems with idea, being that I can only find ungendered sibling pairs of pigeons for sale in my area. Which, I would have to take a gamble on gender, I understand it is rare for pigeons to have chicks of different gender, so it would either be two males or two females. Which would again, leave a bird out. But, if I had a large(r) flock, would they not be so aggressive, since it is not a 1 pigeon vs 1 pigeon scenario?
Any ideas are appreciated, this is only the idea I could think of today.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
But there are problems with idea, being that I can only find ungendered sibling pairs of pigeons for sale in my area
Are they chicks? If they are young enough, could you buy them with someone and you take one each? Or you take the two, let Silver choose one, then find a home for the second? It´s not normal for siblings to stay together after fledging to I don´t understand why the breeers sell them as pairs, Do you know what the reason is?

Jogging around the block
Are they chicks? If they are young enough, could you buy them with someone and you take one each? Or you take the two, let Silver choose one, then find a home for the second? It´s not normal for siblings to stay together after fledging to I don´t understand why the breeers sell them as pairs, Do you know what the reason is?
Yes, fledglings that have just learned to fly and eat independently usually, some still have a small amount of down feather, so very young. Those are good ideas, I'll have a think about it. It confuses me too, I have never really found out why, I generally just see two for sale together and they wont sell one bird and not the other.