• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Help !!! 6 and 1 to go What can I do?? follow on you Tube

ddy13

Walking the driveway
:omg: Help !!!Add the two already on their own that will be 9 What do I do no room and noisy if the manegment finds out I'm in trouble you tube link kimdmp - YouTube What are my options? I'm in northern CA

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Why do you allow them to breed if you aren't able to handle it?

TextsFromParrots

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Kristen
You should find a rescue that would be willing to help/take on the babies and try to prevent breeding and egg laying in the future as best that you can manage.

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
You should remove the nest box as soon as the first clutch are no longer using the nest box, and since you didn’t, the result is that the pair have now double clutched.

Before you breed, you really need to know what you will do with the babies, whether you have homes lined up (which is the most ideal thing to do), or are going to keep them... since you can’t keep them due to not having the room, and will get into trouble if the management finds out, your only option is to obviously find them new homes (of course the babies from this second clutch can’t go yet). The babies from the first clutch, are they fully weaned yet? Had you been planning to keep them or find them homes?

ddy13

Walking the driveway
I hope to fine them homes. I'm ready to keep them for now. They know about the birds just not the count. I will hide when there is an inspection in July in my trailer if need be

Last edited:

ddy13

Walking the driveway
I hope to fine them homes. I'm ready to keep them for now. Two fully weaned .

TextsFromParrots

Real Name
Kristen
:huh: Then what was your question? If you have a limit I would advise against breeding.

ddy13

Walking the driveway
Why do you allow them to breed if you aren't able to handle it? Please do not be mean, I felt sorry for her that is all, She was also a rescued bird. She has depression, I took good care of her will continues to do so. I'm not a breeder and not trying to be. Just looking for a place where she and her kids will be taken care of or I will continue to hide them until I move.

GlassOnion

I'm confused as to why you put up a nestbox and encouraged breeding? You seem to be troubled by the outcome right now. My female Cockatiel laid 7 eggs recently and I prevented baby chicks by immediately boiling the eggs and giving them back to her to sit on.

Please provide your babies proper nutrition for healthy development and extra calcium for the hens as the egg laying process depletes calcium from the bones.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
you can also buy false eggs on line at birdsupplynh.com to replace the real eggs with false ones. for now, just step back, take a deep breath and have a lot of patience and love..You can get the babies through this and for god's sake remove that nest box, and either boil the new eggs or get false ones..Please try to find good homes for all the babies now!! or find a good rescue nearby.

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Why do you allow them to breed if you aren't able to handle it? Please do not be mean, I felt sorry for her that is all, She was also a rescued bird. She has depression, I took good care of her will continues to do so. I'm not a breeder and not trying to be. Just looking for a place where she and her kids will be taken care of or I will continue to hide them until I move.
I wasn't being mean. Not intentionally and apologize if You took it so.

But why is there a nest box if you cannot handle it? Take the nest box down. Simple:)

ddy13

Walking the driveway
I wasn't being mean. Not intentionally and apologize if You took it so.

But why is there a nest box if you cannot handle it? Take the nest box down. Simple:)
I did not say I cant handle them, I just wish I could find a nice home or a caring breeder for them. She will lay eggs box or not. Also would like to know if there is some thing I can give to stop her from laying eggs. They are all healthy well cared for and understand simple commands. When I got her she was in bad shape, now very healthy and so are her two grown up kids. The new babies are also doing well she lets me pick them up, she seems so proud. Had her for 4 years.

ddy13

Walking the driveway
Problem: I'm too nice and can not save everyone. I will get some tips here and figure it out.

aisia

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Teresa
I did not say I cant handle them, I just wish I could find a nice home or a caring breeder for them. She will lay eggs box or not. Also would like to know if there is some thing I can give to stop her from laying eggs. They are all healthy well cared for and understand simple commands. When I got her she was in bad shape, now very healthy and so are her two grown up kids. The new babies are also doing well she lets me pick them up, she seems so proud. Had her for 4 years.
You can't really "Stop" her from laying. Your best bet is what Anne & Gang said. Buy some fake eggs. Each time she lays a real egg, replace it with a fake egg. When she lays all her real eggs and they are replaced, she will abandon the eggs after so long and should curb her from laying more for awhile but you have to take out the nest box after she abandons the eggs...or she will start over.

GlassOnion

You cannot prevent her from laying, but you can boil the already laid eggs and give her a handful of fake eggs to trick her into having a full clutch, that way she won't lay anymore.

allen

Jogging around the block
well anne knows me if i was close to you i would help out but i am in canada what i would of done is as soon as the babies were old enough to be out of the box is remove it that deteers the parents from wanting to double clutch as well reduce the light

allen

Jogging around the block
ok after looking at what type of birds you have love birds are prolific breeders and will continue till you seperate mom and dad but i normally do not do that