• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Hello!!

AvidBird12

Moving in
Hello! This is my first time on one of these threads, so I’m still figuring things out.

I have a 1 1/2 year old beebee (white-winged) parrot named Bird (very original!!), but I still feel like I don’t know what I’m doing. I’ve already had him for about a year, but I got him from a pet store that didn’t really know what they were doing. He was caged with two conures that were very clearly bullying him, and didn’t have any vet records. We are still working on getting him to a vet for a check up (the closest one is a couple hours away), but he hasn’t given me any reason to think he isn’t healthy.
I have a feeling he was taken away from his parents too early or something, because he doesn’t really know what to do with new foods unless I show him, and he also never learned how to fly. He was clipped when I got him (from the breeders I think, none of the other birds in the store were clipped), but he is flighted now. I’m still working on getting him comfortable flying. Right now he only flies when he’s scared, which is bad because he’s not good at it and always flies into things!! He also has a cuttlebone but I don’t think he knows how to use it, and that’s one thing I don’t know how to show him.

Anyway, I’m looking forward to being here! I hope I can learn something from you guys! image.jpg

Tyrion

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
:welcomesign: what a beautiful baby :cool:

Limon

Meeting neighbors
Welcome to the avenue :heart2: Bird (love the name btw) looks absolutely gorgeous!

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Welcome to the Avenue :hiya:

Cat The Great

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Caitlyn
Aww, he is so handsome. Welcome! I have a bee bee (white-winged) parrot as well. It's nice to see more fellow owners of these species. ;)

Icey

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
Welcome to the Avenue

Kiwi's Dad

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sebastian
:welcomesign: It's nice to see a fellow Brotogeris owner! I currently have a CWP (Brotogeris. Chiriri).

AussieBird

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Call me AB
:welcometrain:

Xoetix

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award