• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Hello Parrot Lovers one and all!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

toos&macaws

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Michelle
Hi,

We are Lance and Michelle and we are the owners of Mother Pluckin' Bird Toys. We are excited to be invited to Avian Avenue. We are the proud parents of 4 amazing parrots. Tavey & Cupid are our bare-eyed toos. Tavey is the only parrot we actually purchased back in 2002. He is almost 9 years old and is our ADD child!!:p He is one of our wood chippers. We adopted Cupid about 3 years ago. He was in need of some love and understanding. He was (as Lance would say) just "NUTS". He was aggressive and had a crazy scream like a horse?!:rolleyes: After a lot of tapped fingers and a lot of patience, he has become a great companion parrot! He is extremely smart and knows when he has pushed us to far. He is our other wood chipper. We introduced Tavey and Cupid about a year ago to see if they would get along. They are both males. Cupid is the dominant one and Tavey has just been ok with being his little buddy!!:heart: We also have two macaws. Sarge is a Miligold macaw (hybrid between a B&G and a Military). He looks mostly like a military macaw, he just has a few annoying yellow feathers that he likes to rip out!! Lance was the rescue director for a local rescue organization for a while and he was the person who would take in the larger macaws and rehabilitate them and then find great homes for them. We would use the "good cop, bad cop" technique. Lance being the bad and myself being the good. It never took too long for them to warm up to the personal affection they were longing for!:hug8: Sarge was the only macaw that instantly took a liking to Lance. They were best of buds!! We were told that they thought he was about 17 or 18 years old, but since he had been passed around from home to home for so many years, they could not be exact. We have had him for about 6 years. The vet seems to think that he is more like 30 years old, since he has cataracs in one eye and his arthritis is getting worse.:( He absolutely hates everyone except Lance. The only good thing for myself is that he is "stick trained" and so I can move him from place to place easily. Our 4th parrot is Lapis. She is a Hy and very much like a too!!:p They truly are the gentle giants. She was given to us thru a mutual friend. She had some grand children that needed her special care and she needed to find a good and loving home for her. We took her in about 3 years ago and we are full!! She is "daddy's little princess!!":heart: She is our biggest talker and loves to show off for visitors!

Well that is our little family and we have been making parrot toys for about 10 years now and absolutely love it!! If we can be of any help to anyone, please feel free to ask. We are always wanting to learn from other parrot owners! Thank you again for the invite and we look forward to talking to you in the future!!:p

birdlady

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
Welcome Lance and Michelle! We are so happy you are here at Avian Avenue. You have amazing toys!

Merlie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Welcome to the Avenue :hug8:

I love your toys, but esp. your swings and the famous "ATOM" .. your work is simply amazing and very appreciate by my flock.

So glad you joined up!!

Macawlvr

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
James / Krames
:welcomesign:

Welcome Michelle! We are delighted to have you and Lance and your flock to join us here. Please make yourself at home.

I enjoyed hearing about your flock...we'll be looking forward to the pictures (hint hint) :p

And I certainly like all your creative and innovative toys!

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Hi Michelle and Lance,
So glad you joined us!!!:dance4::dance4::dance4:
What an awesome flock you have!!:D
We're enjoying the great toys we got from you two weeks ago!! Especially love the skewers....corkscrew and straight! And the bright colorful wood....makes ME want to chew it :rofl:
saroj

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
Welcome,

So glad your here.

Ginger

M

M.C Bird Rescue

Hi and welcome. I LOVE the name of your toys store.

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
Welcome to the Avenue - great to have you here, would love to see pics of your flock!

Deejo

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Doris
How great to have you join! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your toys, and have been a good customer (through your Canadian sources, like healthybird.net and parrotdiseperch.com ) for years!
Your corkscrews are the ONLY inside cage toy we consider extremely safe.
Thanks for such wonderful products!

Doris

birdlover82

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
Welcome!:) Thanks for the great intro.

akijoy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Monica
Hello and welcome!

I am saving my pennies to buy one of your atoms! Have heard such good things about your toys. :heart:

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
welcome I am glad you joined :hug8:

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Welcome! It's so nice having you move into the neighborhood. Looking forward to seeing pics of your flock. You have awesome toys!

Attachments

avianantics

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Shelly Wing
Welcome and Happy New Year!

Brigidt36

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Brigid Thompson
Lance and Michelle, Hi and Welcome. Can't wait to see pics of your flock.

ortegah

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather Ortega
Welcome! I love your stuff and have ordered before :)

Archiesmom

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
:welcome:
Its so great to see you here, so glad you were able to find us! I've been all over your site scoping stuff out :D I've heard great things about your stuff, hope to try some out soon!
Welcome to AA!

emilybsharp

Real Name
Emily
:hello::hood:Welcome Lance and Michelle!! hope you have a good time here. Every one is great! I will have to check out your stores site, love the name! haha :hug8::dancing:

Status
Not open for further replies.