• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Hello from Hobbs and me!

Hobbs

Moving in
I’m Deb and Hobbs is my 25-year-old red crowned/green-cheeks amazon. I’ve had him since he was 3-months old. He’s a great birdie. I joined after searching for recipes for new ingredients for bird chop and bird bread, and found this group! I have so many questions about various things and I really look forward to tapping into the deep collective knowledge of the group, and maybe even be able to contribute things from my own experiences.

my main issue right now is changing up his meals. He has gotten extremely picky the last couple of years and I’m kind of at a loss as to why. He’s healthy (vet checks confirm), but things he likes (both new things and things he has liked for a long time) go untouched the next time he has it. I have tried rotating things with a long break in between and that works about half the time. His basic diet is this: about 60% nutriberries (tropical fruit flavor only—he won’t touch the other flavors), 10% Zupreem fruit blend (he eats only certain colors, even though they all taste the same—I know because I’ve sampled them haha), and 30% fresh fruits, veggies, grains, and a bit of his favorite nuts (unsalted cashews, pecans, walnuts). He occasionally gets a little seed mix (I call it “candy”) and the occasional pizza crust, pasta, and other bits of people food. He’s a terrible beggar haha.

In my quest to expand his options, I recently found he loves fresh ginger and parsley. So I am really interested in getting more inspiration by seeing what others are feeding that their birds love.

Thanks for adding me to the group!
Deb and Hobbs

Attachments

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Welcome to the Avenue :hiya:

Xoetix

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
Hello and welcome!

Pretzel

Moving in
Real Name
Clara De La Guardia
I’m Deb and Hobbs is my 25-year-old red crowned/green-cheeks amazon. I’ve had him since he was 3-months old. He’s a great birdie. I joined after searching for recipes for new ingredients for bird chop and bird bread, and found this group! I have so many questions about various things and I really look forward to tapping into the deep collective knowledge of the group, and maybe even be able to contribute things from my own experiences.

my main issue right now is changing up his meals. He has gotten extremely picky the last couple of years and I’m kind of at a loss as to why. He’s healthy (vet checks confirm), but things he likes (both new things and things he has liked for a long time) go untouched the next time he has it. I have tried rotating things with a long break in between and that works about half the time. His basic diet is this: about 60% nutriberries (tropical fruit flavor only—he won’t touch the other flavors), 10% Zupreem fruit blend (he eats only certain colors, even though they all taste the same—I know because I’ve sampled them haha), and 30% fresh fruits, veggies, grains, and a bit of his favorite nuts (unsalted cashews, pecans, walnuts). He occasionally gets a little seed mix (I call it “candy”) and the occasional pizza crust, pasta, and other bits of people food. He’s a terrible beggar haha.

In my quest to expand his options, I recently found he loves fresh ginger and parsley. So I am really interested in getting more inspiration by seeing what others are feeding that their birds love.

Thanks for adding me to the group!
Deb and Hobbs
Welcome! I’m new too and I have an Amazon as well! This is really a great place to ask for any questions, I’m glad you’ve decided to join! Hobbs looks like such a sweetie.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Welcome to Avian Avenue Deb and Hobbs! 1.welcome signs.gif

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
:welave:

Cali

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Janet
:hello1:

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Welcome, and enjoy the site!

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
:hello: :cheer:glae you joined our group!

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Welcome!

Have you tried cutting the veggies differently?

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry

Emma&pico