• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Hello from Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevo

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Stephen
I think another way to look at it is that you're celebrating Nelson's memory by getting another bird - if it weren't for the good times that the two of you had together you would not even be considering it. He has made you want/need to have a bird in your life - how cool, and humbling, is that! :)

Nelson

Moving in
Real Name
Sammy
You're absolutely right, Stevo. I just have to make sure that I bring a bird home when I'm ready - I don't want it to be a knee-jerk reaction to Nelsons loss. Talking about it on this forum is already helping!

fid fanatic

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Cheri
All my friends are asking me if I'm going to buy another bird. I feel guilty saying "yes, in time" because I feel like I'm betraying Nelsons memory. However, I know I'll be ready for another friend one day.

Hey Fid, sorry to hear about your ordeals. It's tough to go through it, let alone multiple times! To be honest, I didn't even realise there were approx 10-odd eclectus subspecies. I'll have to start doing my homework, however going by the ones I've seen at my local bird shop (Nunawading Birds), I believe they are the SI Ekkies. I'm leaning towards a male at this stage, but that might change.
Well holy moly, I didn't know there were 10-odd subspecies. I thought there were around 5.

Don't feel guilty about saying, "yes, in time"...that only shows how much you love Nelson and that he was such a joy to you that you want it in your life again. You won't be betraying his memory, you will only be living through his memory by giving another fid a loving, nurturing home.

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Victoria :)
hello and welcome to the Avenue! I hope you like it here! I am sorry to hear about your loss!:(

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
Welcome to the Avenue! I am so sorry for your loss

Status
Not open for further replies.