• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Hello from a new member!

Hobbs

Moving in
Hi, all. I have a Red Crowned Amazon/Green Cheeks Amazon named Hobbs. I recently joined AA and was invited to share pics of Hobbs on Amazon Avenue. I have been scanning posts and am so happy I am here! Are there any other RCA people here?

Hobbs is 25 years old next month. I got him when he was about 3 months old and still being hand fed. I haven’t done a dna test but I assume he’s male. I’ve thought about it but it’s pretty expensive and I am not sure it provides any helpful info. I plan to search the posts to see what people have to say about that.

Hobbs is a great birdie. He is sweet and affectionate with me, he’s actually pretty quiet and laid back, he has a small vocabulary and hasn’t learned any new words in ages (despite my trying), but he loves to imitate sounds! He can do a great impression of the whole routine of me brushing my teeth, he loves to “belch” (no idea where he could have learned that haha), he makes up his own whistle songs and does ones I taught him, and he laughs like the old cartoon character Mutley. He has an uncanny sense of humor. He knows when something my husband or I said is funny and he’ll start laughing even before we do. He likes to look at videos and will often laugh at something funny even though there’s no laughing on the video and I don’t laugh. So weird.

He’s not all love and fun though, of course. He does not like my husband at all and makes threatening lunges toward him and even chased him down a couple of times and bit him all over his back and arms. That happened about 10 years ago. As a result, Hobbs has less out-of-cage time because he can’t be trusted to not hurt Mike.

Anyway, I am glad to be here and excited to learn more about everyone’s birds!
Deb

Attachments

sb sigmund

Strolling the yard
Welcome you and your adorable friend Hobbs!

:welcomegroup:

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
What a handsome fella! I love his name as well,welcome to AA!

Birdie Mama

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
:welcomegroup: :greet13:

my goodness but is his head brilliant red!! Wow!!!:loveshower:absolutely stunning

Emma&pico

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
:faint:So gorgeous :welcomesign:

Sparkles99

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Welcome! :awww:

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Welcome!

I had my two amazons sexed when I first got them. My reasoning was if something happened, it would give the vet a heads up about possible egg binding (or not).

SumitaSinh

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
He's such a cutie pie

Xoetix

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)