• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Hello cat people. i am back again for the 62926th time for some question

PopsDops

Strolling the yard
Real Name
PopsDops
so there's a lot, ill try to keep it as short as possible.

1/ kitten has weird scars on her nose and the back of her ears. they dont bleed and they dont hurt her. earlier she was scartching her ear with he rear leg like normal cat stuff and she injured her ear. what could this possibly be? is it a skin condition or her claws need trimming? she has no fleas or bugs as far as i can tell (i checked her fur)

2/ her third eyelid is showing, i read that its a sign of ilness for the third eyelid to show, but im not sure, sometimes its visible and covering a third of her eye, usually when she's sleepy, and sometimes its barely visible in the corner. what do you think?

3/ is raw meat fine for a 2 months old kitten? i gave her raw fish and raw cow meat and she loved it and ate it, but im wondering if it can damage her little teeth?

4/is 2 months a good age to get to the vet for basic vaccines?

other than all of this, she's been acting normal (at least from what i know, i've had her for only 5 days). loves to play, chases and "hunts" my fingers and toes lol, eats and poop right.

thank you all in advance :D

Attachments

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew

Just-passn-thru

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Suzanne
Could be fungal or mites, fleas. Best to have vet check her over, and vaccinated.

NightOwls

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Vet, asap - some fungus/parasites can cross species so the sooner you treat the kitten the lower the chance you or other critters will get something.

Seeing third eyelid is normal when sleepy.

Cats are carnivores and need meat in their diet. Raw meat has risk of transmitting parasites. Some people do feed their cats are raw diet. Whatever you choose, remember to not make drastic changes in diet suddenly - can lead to upset stomach.

GoDucks

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Jamie
I was going to say ear mites or some other parasite as well. Also check to see if her ears smell because she could have an infection going on as well.

I am not a fan of raw diets- you really need to know what you are doing in order to achieve the same level of nutrition that is found in commercial foods.

Reactions: Ali

scrape

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Could be the beginning of mites. Possibly dipping her for fleas, mites, and ticks might clear it, but a vet would be a great option. Or it could be fungal/bacterial as the above posts said.
Third eyelid is fine (in my experience) I've never heard of it being a sign of illness.
Raw meat is okay.

I missed your adoption thread/post! Congrats on your pretty little girl!:storkg::cngrt5:

PopsDops

Strolling the yard
Real Name
PopsDops
thank you everyone for the lovely advice. i will be bringing her to the vet on monday for a checkup and her first vaccine.

her ears arent that dirty, so her scratching to the point of injury is what worries me greatly. its a nasty cycle. she scratches too hard and injures herself-->injury starts to heal and those dried up things appear-->she scratches again and peels it off revealing the injury once again.

i try to stop her from scratching whenever i can tho.